All EWeek events are FREE and open to the public.
Please reserve your ticket here.
We have door prizes!!
Join us for the Initial Pitches of:
with your host Madeleine Bazerghi
What does Facebook, Twitter, Post-it Notes, and Doctors Without Borders have in common?
They were all somebody's big idea!
Do you have the next big idea? Want to win incredible prizes?
Pitch an idea during Dawson’s Den!
On Monday night following our keynote speaker, Lotfi El-Ghandouri, students take center stage to pitch an idea for a commercial business or social enterprise. The audience gets to vote the 10 teams who go to the finals on Thursday, so bring all your friends to encourage the students and vote for your favorite team.The grand prize is truly unbelievable!!!
No big ideas a brewing just yet? Come and encourage the participating teams and witness the creativity, talent and courage of Dawson College students and Alumni. This will be an opportunity to vote for who will be moving on to the finals. When registering, select spectator ticket.
Ready to pitch an idea? Follow these steps to participate in the Dawson’s Den competition:
1. Like our page on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DawsonEweek
2. Register for Dawson’s Den before Friday, November 11, 2016 at noon. Register as an individual or as a team of two Dawson students or Dawson alumni. There are no limits to your presentation style. Be creative. Be crazy. Be cool. See some questions you can address in your pitch below and watch the video on our YouTube channel for tips on pitching.
3. Use the form on our website to give us your information in order to pitch on November 14 and let us know if you will need the help of a mentor to prepare your initial pitch by emailing us at email@example.com
4. INITIAL PITCH: November 14 is the Initial Idea Pitch Night at 6 p.m. You will have TWO MINUTES to pitch your idea and the top 10 ideas will move on to the final pitch - but not before being paired up with a mentor who will help you prepare for the final event.
5. Put all the chances of winning on your side by bringing all your friends because the audience will be voting on all the pitches.
6. FINAL PITCH: On Thursday November 17 at 6 p.m., you will have FIVE MINUTES to pitch to a panel of judges who have made it in the world of business and entrepreneurship. They will listen to your pitch, give you feedback and then choose the top three ideas.
7. Get ready for the incredible prizes to be won!
Here are some questions you can address during your pitch:
What opportunity have you identified?
What problem do you want to solve? What need are you trying to meet?
Who will benefit the most from your solution?
Who is your competition? Has anybody else thought of it?
How will you implement your solution?
What skills do you and your team bring to the table?
Did you know that the more EWeek events you attend the greater your chances of winning a Google Chromebook? Exchange your passport for the contest draw on Thursday. See Passport for details.
Save This Event
When & Where
Dawson College Eweek
Eweek @ Dawson College
The place to be
November 14 to 17, 2016!!
Dawson College’s Centre for Innovation and Entrepreneurship Education will host Entrepreneurship Week (Eweek) coinciding with Global Entrepreneurship Week, November 14 to 17, 2016.
Global Entrepreneurship Week (GEW) is an international movement to inspire millions of young people to embrace innovation, imagination and creativity through entrepreneurship. It is estimated over 15 million youngsters participated worldwide in tens of thousands of events and competition for Global Entrepreneurship Week. In Montreal, Dawson College's EWeek will provide a diverse and strong line-up of speakers, networking events, contests and activities for Montrealers and Dawson College students alike.
Many young students will have their first glimpse of a possible alternative career path and connect with seasoned entrepreneurs. All Montrealers are invited and all events are free. Hear inspiring stories of successful entertainers, photographers, illustrators, designers, dancers, programmers and farmers who launched their own businesses.
Dawson College is ideally placed to be a gathering place of high-profile community events. Situated in the heart of Montréal’s downtown core, at the Atwater metro station, Dawson is Québec’s largest CEGEP with roughly 8,250 full-time day students, 2,400 continuing education students, 600 faculty and a 200+ team of support staff. The college currently offers over 30 programs in 50+ fields of study, including a variety of programs in the creative sector.
We hope to inspire the next generation of entrepreneurs. Do you have a big idea??? Would you like to sponsor and event? Do you want to connect with like-minded people or maybe just observe what the buzz is all about? Join us for Eweek in November!!
Check out the calendar of events on our site and like us on
Thank you to our sponsors for their invaluable support of Dawson College's Eweek.