No partner or experience required. Learn the basics of Flamenco Dance in a fun and easy-going way. All ages welcome. The class will introduce participants to the basics of flamenco dance with Atlantic Flamenco Festival's artistic director Maria Osende.
WHAT TO WEAR
No need to bring any special clothing. As for shoes, If possible avoid sandals, running shoes or very high heels (women). If you can find anything close to this, great, if not, bring what you have.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Beginner classes offer a low impact exercise, suitable for all levels of fitness.
- Classes are mentally and physically stimulating.
- Great for coordination, balance and posture.
- Flamenco offers an outlet for personal expression.
- Flamenco is a challenging art form which leaves room for continuous learning.
- See our FAQ for more information on the classes.
About Flamenco Dance
Fluid arms and percussive footwork are hallmarks of Flamenco dance that are paralleled in the beautiful melodies and intricate rhythms of Flamenco music. Originating in the Andalusia region of southern Spain, the fire of Flamenco dance is reflective of its gypsy (Gitano) dancing roots and influences from Arabic traditions. Learn traditional as well as original dances that are steeped in folklore and melding cultures dating back to the 1500’s in then Moorish Spain.
Save This Event
When & Where
Atlantic Flamenco Festival
The ATLANTIC FLAMENCO FESTIVAL is an artistic, cultural, and educational event organized by Atlantic Flamenco Productions Society that takes place in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.