You have the opportunity to be on the leading edge of a movement that will change how healthcare is experienced and healthcare is delivered.
Discover the World Within
Understanding How The Human Gut Microbiota Impacts Lifelong Health.
Your microbiota is the collection of microorganisms living in and on your body. Numbering in the trillions, most of these visitors reside in the gastrointestinal tract and have a massive impact on health.
Understanding the human gut microbiota represents a new and exciting opportunity to protect and enhance health. New strategies for predicting, preventing, diagnosing and treating disease are rapidly emerging. You have the opportunity to be on the leading edge of a movement that will change how health is experiences and healthcare is delivered.
Join the Canadian Digestive Health Foundation and our national experts for an afternoon of ground-breaking education sessions. Learn how food, supplements, medications, the environment and fecal microbiota transplants impact the microbiota -- and overall health -- at each stage of life.
- Introducing the Gut Microbiota - Dr. Karen Madsen
- Establishing a Healthy Future: Microbiota in Pregnancy and Neonates - Dr. Vivian Huang
- How Antibiotic Use in Babies and Toddlers can Impact Long Term Health - Dr. Tom Walters
- Microbiome-based Treatment Strategies for IBS - Dr. William Chey
- How Microbiota Health Impacts Chronic Illness - Dr. Richard Fedorak
- Diet, the Microbiota and Health - Dr. Elena Verdu
- FMT – Getting Beyond the Ick Factor and C.Diff Infections - Dr. Nikhil Pai
- Prebiotics - the Ultimate Fibre - Sandra Saville, RD
- Protecting Our Elders – Microbiota and Nutritional Health in the Aged - Dragana Skokovic-Sunjic, RPh
Presented in Proud Partnership with:
Vistionary Partner: Innovator Partner:
Supporter Partners: Bayer Ferring IM HealthScience
Save This Event
When & Where
Canadian Digestive Health Foundation
This educational event was developed specifically for dietiticans, pharmacists, nurses and other health care professionals by gastroenterologists and associates of the Canadian Digestive Health Foundation and Canadian Association of Gastroenterology. This is your oppotunity to learn how the gut microbiota influences digestive health and disease - today and in the future from experts across the country.