- Saturday November 5, 2016
- Sunday November 6, 2016
Boards, brushes and paints supplied!
In today's fast-paced world, finding something done by hand is becoming as rare as the horse-drawn carriage. With everything done by computers and cnc machines, it seems "Hand Done" no longer exist. We feel there is still a market that both needs and appreciates work done the old-fashioned way. Let us show you how...
- Introduction: History of sign painting. Basic letter styles. Types of substrates.
- Layout - hand and computer.
- Transferring layout and pattern making.
- What brushes and paints to use on different surfaces.
- Basic distressing techniques.
- Practice: Brush use / brush care.
- Basic layout techniques.
- Use of paints and brushes.
- Basic strokes.
- Simple distressing techniques.
- Project: Sign Painting Workshop
- Layout sign.
- Paint sign.
- Distress sign.
- Recount process.
Note: If you want to stand out from the crowd, you have to do something that gets attention. Murals produced by my business Streamline Studios, have graced the walls of sport centres/ public spaces and private homes, bringing colour and enjoyment to the people that see them.
- Official Event Page: Distressed Sign Painting
- Swinton's Art Website: www.swintonsart.com
- Address: 7160 Fisher Street S.E. Calgary, AB
- Phone: (403) 258-3500
- Email: email@example.com