Actions and Detail Panel
DIY Homesteader Festival
Sat, 24 June 2017, 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM CDT
The DIY Homesteader Festival is a one-of-a-kind boutique style event, in Manitoba, that offers people a fun and warm way to learn important skills they can bring into their modern life. The festival started with the hope that, given the right environment, people would want to take the leap to learn these once common skills – from food preservation to raising chickens. Now, it’s become so much more. In the first year it was clear it was a place for folks to come out and spend the day connecting with a like-minded community – and to let their inner homesteader shine. The festival objective is simple: to connect Manitobans with the skills they need to lead a more sustainable lifestyle and to bring them together with the farmers, producers, artisans and crafters who can provide them with the support they need to take the first step…
When does Early Bird pricing end, and how much are regular tickets?
- Early Bird pricing ends April 23rd (Early Bird to the twenty-third!)
- Regular tickets will be sold for $87 from April 24 - June 10
- Nick-of-Time tickets will be sold for $97 from June 11 - June 24
What does my ticket include?
Your ticket to the festival includes so much more than four workshops of your choice. It also gives you access to:
- General Store Market - local goods market & expo
- DIY Kids’ Area with crafts and workshops
- Live music
- Access to several on-site demonstrations and Pop-In Workshops
- A day outdoors surrounded by friendly, like-minded people!
- Tickets do not include camping, though there are several campgrounds nearby should you choose to stay overnight.
Your Early Bird ticket includes a PDF version of our Heart of a Homesteader Manifesto print. After all, it really was inspired by people like you! Early Bird purchasers also have the exclusive option to add a one-year subscription to the print edition of EcoParent for just $5.
When will workshops be announced, and how do I register for them?
You will receive an email when the workshop lineup is finalized. You will then be able to register for workshops online.
What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
There is plenty of parking right on site — yay! We strongly encourage carpooling. Our hope is to not see any single-person vehicles through the gate!
What can I bring to the event?
You will receive our Attendee FAQ after you purchase a ticket. There you'll find more info on how to have the best festival experience possible!
What can I NOT bring to the event?
- While we love animals, pets are not allowed on the festival grounds.
- Smoking, alcohol and illegal drugs are not allowed on the festival grounds.
- No disposable water bottles are allowed on site. We aim to be as low-waste as possible.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
What's the refund policy?
Tickets are non-refundable. The festival will go ahead, rain or shine.
Is my ticket transferrable?
Yes. If you find you are unable to attend, you can sell or transfer your ticket to someone else. Please use caution if you’re thinking of buying a ticket from an individual or third party. DIY Homesteader Festival will not honour tickets that have been forged or duplicated.
Do I have to bring my ticket to the event?
YES. Either print your ticket or bring it on your phone. It will be scanned upon arrival, before you park. Teen and Adult ticket-holders will be given a wristband for the day, to access the workshops they registered for.
Is it ok if the name on my ticket or registration doesn't match the person who attends?
Terms and Conditions
- The DIY Homesteader Fest will not be responsible for lost or stolen items.
- If a workshop is not available for some reason, participants will be given the option of transferring into another workshop. Workshop times and locations are subject to change without notice. We do our best to communicate any chances in advance where possible, and on fest-day.
- Regardless of any errors which may occur on this website, the price quoted to you at time of purchase is the price of the ticket.
- Children must be accompanied by a parent/legal guardian who is an Adult ticket holder at all times - on site, in the Kids' Area, and in workshops.
- Children 12 and under receive FREE admission when accompanied by an a parent/legal guardian who is an Adult ticket holder. This provides entrance to the festival grounds, DIY Kids' Area, demos, market, etc. Child tickets do not include entance to workshops (other than for babes in arms and toddlers on laps). Workshop seats are reserved for Teen or Adult ticket holders.
- Teen ticket-holders aged 13 and up are welcome to attend workshops. They must register for workshops if they'd like to attend them. Teen ticket holders must be accompanied by a parent/legal guardian who is an Adult ticket holder.
Your name is added to our patron list when you book tickets, enter a contest or complete a survey. This enables you to receive communications from us. If you prefer not to be included, there is an unsubscribe link in every email we send.