DJ Camp LEVEL 1 is a perfect way to start-up your journey into the DJ world, learn the essentials of DJing, understand the ins and outs of the DJ scene, and build a solid ground to step into the dance music industry. You will learn to interact with different DJ gear and mixing software interfaces, mix tracks properly and beat match effectively, prepare for gigs and troubleshoot sound challenges. The DJ Camp LEVEL 1 is hosted by Alberta-based DJs MonkeyTwerk (Adriana & Frank), Peep This (Tom), and DJ TYCO (Tyler) from Hot 107, and counts with guest appearances from Edmonton’s dance music industry.
What: 9 hours of professional instruction, guided practice and fun group interaction. 20 spots available on each available date.
- Saturday Dec 10, 2016.
Where: SPARK Centre. 116 – 2257 Premier Way. Sherwood park, AB
Time: 10:00 am – 7:00 pm
The DJ Camp LEVEL 1 is divided in 4 blocks (Hardware, Beatmatching, Software, Music), and counts with guided practice on CDJs and controllers in between topics.
- Hardware: Understand, plug and hook up cables, speakers, mixers and turntables. We work with industry-standard CDJs and modern controllers.
- Software: Review of the different types of software used to prepare the music and perform sets such as Rekordbox, Traktor and Serato, among others.
- Beat matching: Mixing fundamentals, beat matching and bar counting.
- Music: Genres, Beats Per Minute, catering to specific audiences, how to find good music.
- Your own pair of headphones
- An open mind and the right attitude towards learning
- No experience needed
- No gear required – All the necessary gear and materials to learn and practice during the DJ camps are fully provided