DJ Camp LEVEL 2 is the perfect choice if you already understand the basics of DJing and are looking to learn about the electronic music scene, if you understand some gear but want to polish and quickly improve your overall DJ skills, if you are considering DJing as a career and want to learn how to move to the next level, if you are looking to throw your own events and want to learn the best practices from the industry. You will learn about mixing techniques, how to get gigs, and how to perform exceptional shows. The DJ Camp LEVEL 2 is hosted by by Alberta-based DJs MonkeyTwerk (Adriana & Frank), Peep This (Tom), and DJ TYCO (Tyler) from Hot 107, and counts with guest appearances from Edmonton’s dance music industry.
What: 9 Hours of professional instruction and guided practice. 20 spots available.
- Saturday Dec 10 & Sunday Dec 11, 2016.
Where: SPARK Centre. 116 – 2257 premier way. Sherwood park, AB
Time: 2:00 pm – 6:30 pm. (4.5 hrs/each day)
The DJ Camp LEVEL 2 is divided in 4 blocks (Mixing, Gigs, Sets, Shows), and counts with guided practice on CDJs and Controllers in between topics.
- Mixing: Tips and tricks, mixing techniques, and effective transitions.
- Gigs: Getting gigs, networking within the scene, types of gigs, creating your own events.
- Sets: Setting proper moods, creating stellar sets with effective curves, discovering your own sound.
- Shows: Do’s and Don’ts, playing time slots correctly, audience management, and dancefloor psychology.
- Your own pair of headphones
- An open mind and the right attitude towards learning
- No experience needed
- No gear required – All the necessary gear and materials to learn and practice during the DJ camps are fully provided