Actions and Detail Panel
DJ Camps 2:30 PM (April 23rd)
Sun, 23 April 2017, 2:30 PM – 6:30 PM MDT
DJ Camps are a perfect way to start-up your journey into the DJ world, learn the essentials of DJing, understand the ins and outs of the DJ scene, and build a solid ground to step into the dance music industry. You will learn to interact with different DJ hardware, manage mixing software interfaces, mix tracks properly, beat match effectively, prepare for gigs and troubleshoot sound challenges. DJ Camps are hosted by Alberta-based DJs MonkeyTwerk (Adriana & Frank), Peep This (Tom), and DJ TYCO (Tyler) from Hot 107.
What: 4 hours of professional instruction, guided practice and fun group interaction. 10 spots available on each group.
When Saturday April 23rd, 2017.
Time: 2:30 am – 6:30 pm
Where: SPARK Centre. 116 – 2257 Premier Way. Sherwood park, AB
DJ Camps are divided in 4 blocks (Hardware, Software, Mixing, Music), and counts with guided practice on CDJs and controllers in between topics.
- Hardware: Understand, plug and hook up cables, speakers, mixers and turntables. We work with industry-standard CDJs and modern controllers.
- Software: Review of the main software used to prepare the music and perform sets: Rekordbox, and Serato.
- Mixing: Beat matching, bar counting, tips and tricks, mixing techniques, and effective transitions.
- Music: Genres, Beats Per Minute, catering to specific audiences, how to find good music.
- Your own pair of headphones
- An open mind and the right attitude towards learning
- No experience needed
- No gear required – All the necessary gear and materials to learn and practice during the DJ camps are fully provided