Actions and Detail Panel
Dr. Liz Brings Shamefully Sexy and Nasty, Naughty Negotiation to Edmonton
Tue, 4 Apr 2017, 7:00 PM – Wed, 5 Apr 2017, 9:00 PM MDT
We're extremely excited to be bringing Dr. Liz Powell to Edmonton on April 4 and 5. Dr. Liz is a licensed psychologist from San Francisco who enjoys working with LGBTQ, Kink/BDSM, and Polyamory/Open Relationship/Swinger communities and has taught courses at The Armory as well as presenting at numerous sexuality conferences.
Tickets are $20 early-bird, $25 regular, and $30 at the door.
Because of the topic nature, this is an 18+ event. IDs will be checked at the door.
April 4, 7pm - Shamefully Sexy
Are you worried that there's something wrong with you because you want someone to call you dirty names? Find out how to have hotter, deeper scenes and feel better about it afterward! So many people struggle to make sense of how they can be so socially aware and yet still want such dirty things. No matter what psychological play looks like for you, you can also be a feminist, anti-racist, queer activist, or other Social Justice Warrior at the same time.
Join Dr. Liz Powell to explore the way to feel great about desires that seem troubling on the surface.
At the end of this two-hour class, you will:
- Know that what gets you going in a scene doesn't have to change how you think about yourself.
- Learn how to provide good aftercare for both roles so that you can emerge from your play happy and enriched.
- Understand that it's totally normal (and even best) to be into social justice if you're into psychological kink so that your play will be founded in healthy beliefs and practices, not in damaging ones.
- People who don't find a way to feel good about their desires can spend years feeling guilty and ashamed. Don't let that be you.
Let go of your fears and shame now and start having the scenes you want!
April 5, 7pm - Nasty, Naughty Negotiation
Are you looking for a way to have better sex? Do you feel like it's hard to come to a good agreement about what you want to do without killing the mood? Do you ever feel awkward when talking about what you do in the bedroom?
Have your hottest sex and best "scene" by opening your mouth! No, not like that ;-) Good communication skills are at the heart of success in relationships and this goes doubly when it comes to sex. Dr. Liz Powell will teach you how to have the hottest scenes you've ever had by using better communication skills.
In this two-hour class we will:
- Learn how to make the conversation about what you want into a steamy session of foreplay!
- Learn how to talk about sex and scenes before, after, and during in a way that won't kill the mood or break your dynamic.
- Cover how and when to give your partner feedback to improve your experience and how to ask for feedback so you can make your partner's experience unforgettable!
This class will include optional interactive exercises to do with a partner. You don't have a bring a partner to class - we'll help folks find someone to practice with.
About Dr. Liz Powell
Dr. Liz believes that great sex can change the world. She is on a mission to help you have more meaningful, pleasurable relationships in life and work, as well as the bedroom. She’s a coach and licensed psychologist (CA 27871, AZ 4315) helping couples and singles develop self-confidence and honesty in their relationships, whether conventional or non-traditional. Dr. Liz makes regular media appearances, including a recurring guest host on the Life on the Swing Set podcast. As a sex educator, Dr. Liz has spoken on many stages including the AASECT Annual Conference, CatalystCon, and the Woodhull Sexual Freedom Summit. Dr Liz believes that being confident in who you are is the gateway to great relationships and great sex - and great sex, according to Dr. Liz, can change the world. Learn more about Dr. Liz at sexpositivepsych.com