Actions and Detail Panel
Drush Fundamentals: The Drupal Shell
Wed, 9 November 2016, 9:30 AM – 4:30 PM EST
Anyone running Drupal sites or applications in production should know the Drupal Shell - Drush. Drush allows you to manage your Drupal site from the command line on your server. You can run updates, create backups, run cron, install modules and much more. What we’ll be covering:
- Installing Drush with Composer
- Choosing the right version of Drush
- Learning the top five Drush commands
- Using Drush to run Drupal upgrades
- Restoring a Drupal site from backup
- Installing a new Drupal site with Drush
- Introduction to advanced topics (drush aliases, syncing data, policies)
We recommend (but in no way require) that participants come with some knowledge of the following:
- Basic understanding of working with Drupal.
- Using a command line interface (cli)
This is a full day training session and pre-registration is required for all attendees.
This is a BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) session. We recommend bringing a laptop running a modern operating system (e.g. Windows 7 or later, OS X 10.10 or later, Ubuntu 14.04 or later). We do have a spare Windows 7 laptop available on a first-come-first-serve basis.
There is free parking available both in the parking lot as well as on the street. We’ll take a 45 minute break for lunch and a 15 minute morning and afternoon break as well. Lunch is included.