This is the final year that EdCampSWO will be hosted in the Greater Essex County area! Join us for our 5th incantation of this grass roots, free event! @EdCampSWO is happy to announce that EdCampSWO 2K17 will take place at Tecumseh Vista Academy on April 29th, 2017 from 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Our continued focus is innovative, technology enabled teaching and learning practices. A complimentary lunch will be served from 12-1 pm by the Green Heart Lunch Club!.
This is our fifth consecutive edcamp and it promises to be better than ever!
Sign Up Now for Free!
Want to learn or talk about how to improve student achievement and engagement with:
Coding, Minecraft, Office365, Google for Classrooms, EdSby, Twitter, MakerSpaces, iMovie, GreenScreen, The Global Read Aloud, Explain Everything, iPads in the Classroom, Mystery Skype, Daily Physical Activity, Developing Technology Leaders? Well join us for all of this and more at EdCampSWO. What ever our participants bring with them will be the content of the day! If a bit more structure is what you are after than sign up to spend the day with Damian Cooper and Brian Aspinall! That's right our special guesst, participants and presenters are Damian Cooper and "EdCampSWO's" own Brian Aspinall! Please view their profiles on their websites at.
Damian Cooper: Plan, Teach, Assess: www.planteachassess.com
Brian Aspinall:: Teacher, Speaker, Coder, Maker: http://brianaspinall.com/
You can also check them out on Youtube:
Damian on Vocal: https://youtu.be/T3YzUvY1p3M
Brian on TedX: https://youtu.be/UyxfPnO5lgk
This year's event exists because of the support from:
Top 10 reasons to attend (by Aaron Akune):
1. You are a student, parent, educator or someone who is passionate about education.
2. Hierarchies do not exist at an Edcamp. Regardless of his or her perspective, each participant’s ideas and contributions are equally respected.
3. You are interested in learning about and sharing innovative ideas and practices in education.
4. You’d like to ask a question, share your learning or initiate discussion about a particular topic related to education.
5. You enjoy professional learning and want to broaden/deepen your perspectives about education.
6. You propose, vote for and attend session topics that you are most interested in.
7. You enjoy talking with others who are passionate about education, most of whom you don’t regularly interact with or may have never met before.
8. You enjoy connecting with other participants through the use of social media.
9. You enjoy participating in pro-d experiences. There are no stand and deliver lecture presentations.
10. Edcamps strive to be free for all participants. (including lunch!)