Want to learn how to have a respected birth - Whatever type of birth you choose to have? I'll walk you step by step and give simple, concrete ways that anyone can do to dispel the fear surrounding birth. Gear up for a fast-paced, ground-up class on everything you need to know for the type of birth YOU want to have. This class is designed to meet the unique educational needs of Orlando's expectant moms.
We will cover in this section:
- How to start mentally preparing for labor and birth
- Local hospitals and their stats
- Local Birth Centers and Home births
- Anatomy of birth
- How to connect to your baby
- Nutrition basics
- How to turn a breech baby
---15 min break---
- Hospital procedures - the pros and cons
- Induction Medications and the Alternatives
- What you can expect from the moment you walk in to the hospital
- Your rights as a laboring, birthing woman
- VBAC's - Are they safe?
This is part 1 of a 2 part weekend group series.
Second part will be set the following Sunday, at the same time and place, which we will cover:
- Pre-signs of labor
- Stages of Labor
- Comfort Measures
- Fear, how it effects labor
- Pushing effectively
- Delayed cord clamping
- Newborn procedures
- Magical Hour
- First Latch
- Birth Plans
---15 min break---
- Postpartum care - Vaginal or C-section
- Postpartum care - dad
- Postpartum care - around the world
- Newborn Care
- Your Amazing Newborn
All instructors are certified professionals in their respected field
What can I bring into the event?
Please bring your partner, or main support person and a pillow.
You can also bring a snack for yourself. Brownie points if you bring some to share! <3
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
www.doulasoforlando.com for more information
What is the difference between a hospital based class and an independent one?
Hospital based childbirth classes tend to teach you how to be a good patient. We will teach you how to's, when, and what you need to know. We know the ins and outs of the local hospitals. We give you an insider's look because we ARE NOT affiliated with any particular hospital. We DO NOT have any agenda but for you to know how to choose what is right for YOU.