San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Effective Leadership: Performance Management
Date: January 11, 2017
Time: 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.; Registration opens at 8:30 a.m.
Place: Learning Centre at United Way; 580 Main Street
Snacks and a light lunch will be provided.
If cost is a barrier to participation, please call Linda BL at 204-924-4225.
The HR Council for the Non Profit Sector defined performance management as “a process by which managers and employees work together to plan, monitor and review an employee’s work objectives and overall contribution to the organization… The fundamental goal is to promote and improve employee effectiveness.”
Your leadership style plays a significant role in successful performance management. Join Heather Erhard in this full day workshop to review leadership styles models to manage performance effectively. Through Mini lecture, case studies, practice situations, group discussion, individual action planning, participants will:
- Examine why you are successful in leading one person or group and not another
- Determine your natural style and learn how to adapt your style to those you want to lead
- Learn how to develop individuals and teams to peak performance
- Identify problems in motivation and how to deal with them
- Review tools for making hiring and firing decisions, to determine when to delegate and when to keep control, to develop, motivate and evaluate your staff and volunteers, work with colleagues, to set goals, design work and to use in everyday influence situations
- Develop an action plan to use in your organization
Heather Erhard, is the founder and Director of Erhard Associates, a management consulting, coaching and training firm dedicated to enhancing individual, team and organizational effectiveness. She brings over 25 years’ experience in leadership development, strategic planning, team building and coaching. She has worked extensively in the non- profit sector coordinating and facilitating the Managing and Leading in the Non Profit Sector workshop; over 1500 leaders have attended from across Canada and abroad. Heather has taught at the University of Manitoba, the University of Winnipeg and Queen’s University. Her passion is coaching groups and individuals to the next level of success.
When & Where
United Way Winnipeg
United Way ensures an essential network of programs and services by providing support to nearly 100 agency partners. Each plays a vital role in our overall strategy to ensure lasting, positive change by addressing the underlying causes of our city's most challenging social issues.
Every year, thousands of volunteers and committed Winnipeggers raise millions of dollars that are invested back into the community. Donations support programs and partnerships that inspire lasting change, better lives, and a safer, stronger Winnipeg for all of us.