Actions and Detail Panel
ELB Environmental Career Workshop: From Application to Interview
Sat, 8 April 2017, 10:00 AM – 2:30 PM EDT
Come out and get advice and guidance on writing a resume and cover letter that will give you the edge to getting to the next step in your career!
ELB has recruited Gregg McLachlan, founder of WorkCabin - an environmental job board, to host this workshop. This is a great opportunity to learn from his expertise in resume building, cover letter writing and interview preparation.
We have invited professionals who represent different sectors in the environmental field and who play a role in the hiring process for a panel discussion. This is your chance to ask questions and get the inside scoop on what they look for in applicants.
- Sarah Olinski - Supervisor, Water User and Toxics Reporting Unit, Environmental Monitoring and Reporting Branch, Ministry of the Environment and Climate Change
- Sherwin Watson-Leung - Program Coordinator, Aquatic Restoration at Credit Valley Conservation
- Jillian deMan - AECOM Terrestrial and Wetland Ecologist, Water & Natural Resources, Environment, North America
* Be sure to bring a notebook, pen, water bottle, and an example of your cover letter and resume.
* Admission is $15 without lunch or $20 which includes a pizza lunch!
* Please register by March 29th. Space is limited.
Agenda for the day:
10:00 am to 12:00 pm - Workshop led by Gregg McLachlan on resume building, cover letter writing and interviews
12:00 pm to 12:45 pm - Pizza lunch or bring your own lunch
12:45 pm to 1:45 pm - Panel discussion
1:45 pm to 2:30 pm - Break out groups and one-on-one time with Gregg