Actions and Detail Panel
Embracing Dementia: A Dementia Care Workshop for Health Care Providers
Fri, 28 April 2017, 8:30 AM – 3:00 PM EDT
If you are a health care provider supporting individuals living with dementia within the acute care, community, LTCH or retirement home setting, please join us at the Inaugural “Embracing Dementia” workshop. This dementia care workshop for health care providers will provide information and best practice approaches to dementia, dual diagnosis, sexuality and family dynamics.
If you are caring for someone living with dementia, participation in the “Embracing Dementia” workshop will:
- enhance your knowledge of person-centred care and effective communication;
- increase your understanding of family dynamics and how to engage families using a Family Centred Approach;
- assist you in identifying the subtle differences between interpretation and intervention of dual diagnosis;
- increase your understanding of sexuality in the older adult population living with dementia and enhance your knowledge of assessment approaches to sexual behavior and interventions to support sexual behavior in the context of clinical and legal obligations; and,
- offer you the opportunity to network with other health care providers within Hastings & Prince Edward counties.
Our featured morning Guest Speaker will be Jayne Harvey RN, BA, CEO of FSC International. As owner and CEO of FCS International, Jayne Harvey has established her name across Canada as a high quality consultant, facilitator and educator in behavioural care, providing strategies and tools that apply to health care organizations. Her trademark humour and dynamic style are as motivational and practical, as they are energetic and entertaining.
8:30 – 8:50 am Registration
8:50 – 9:00 am Welcome and Introductions
9:00 – 10:30 am “On Both Sides Now: Dual Diagnosis”
10:30 – 10:45 am Break & Networking
10:45 – 12:15 pm "Family Dynamics & Conflict Resolution
12:15 – 1:00 pm Lunch & Networking
1:00 – 2:45 pm Opening the Dialogue to Support Healthy Sexual Expression in the Older Adult Population
2:45 – 3:00 pm Wrap-Up
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
If you have any questions about the workshop or have difficulty registering please contact Sherri Elliott, Psychogeriatric Resource Consultant at Providence Care (613) 771-0133 ext. 16228 or firstname.lastname@example.org
What's the refund policy?
Once registration has been completed there are no refunds, however, the registration is transferrable.