Emily Carr University of Art + Design - National Portfolio Day 2016
What is it?
National Portfolio Day is an education event for young artists. It is an opportunity for critique, and a chance to discuss your work with knowledgeable people from Emily Carr University and a variety of other fine art and design schools. It is not an examination. It is not a competition.
What should you bring?
- finished pieces, works-in-progress, and sketchbooks/notebooks
- original work preferred whenever possible
- no matting or framing needed
- for digital work, bring viewing device fully charged
- a sample of your best, not everything you've ever done
- just yourself and your work
What should you expect?
- a large crowd, many people arrive early for a place in line
- Emily Carr Faculty members reviewing portfolios
- representatives from 26 other fine art and design schools reviewing portfolios
- no electrical outlets, so bring your devices fully charged
- to wait in line for a review from the very popular schools