Please join us on Wednesday, November 16, 2016 for our FIFTH EMMA Talks!
with Carmen Aguirre & Melanie Matining
- The evening starts at 6 pm for a pre-talk living room style reception, where there will be free light snacks, a cash bar, some interactive art-making facilitated by the Tin Can Studio Folks!
- The Talks will begin at 7 pm sharp, and will be proceeded by a 30 min social gathering (come for 6 pm to meet everyone!)
Both social gatherings will be in place of a Q & A and will allow for folks to meet one another, to converse and share thoughts from the talks. co-hosted by SFU.
*there will be some seating available during the reception.
we are soliciting donations for two reasons:
1. 50% of donations* will go to the speaker’s choice of cause/project/individuals (details coming soon)
2. 50% will go towards paying all the tech and support staff
Our core partner for this EMMA Talks is with SFU’s Vancity Community Engagement.
*We are open to partner with other interested groups! In doing so, we are able to support our grassroots initiatives and also pay everyone involved, including women technicians — something that is very important to us.
- The route to the Second floor Centre is accessible, elevators, wide corridors.
- The bathrooms will be gender neutral
- These events are for all ages. we are unable to host a childcare option on these premises
- We will have our own hospitality ushers meeting folks on Hastings.
- There will be a sign language interpreter on stage.
EMMA Talks will be professionally digitally produced, accessible monologues that will be up on our website
for parking and other information please link toGetting here
- Please contact us with any access needs at firstname.lastname@example.org
we video record the talk and will pulbish the videos on our site as soon as they are done (see below for further information)
This EMMA Talk will be videotaped and shared on our website.
This is a really important part of our mandate as it helps to amplify these important voices!
We also film the audience and community engaged art event
If you do not wish to be filmed and/or recorded, please sit in the designated “no-filming” areas in the space. Otherwise, look for your smiling face on emmatalks.org in a couple weeks!
Here's the very unfriendly sounding disclaimer:
By entering and by your presence here, you consent to be photographed, filmed and/or otherwise recorded. Your entry constitutes your consent to such photography, filming and/or
recording and to any use, in any and all media throughout the universe in perpetuity, of your appearance and/or voice for any purpose whatsoever in connection with the production presently entitled /
EMMA Talks: April 27, 2016 with Maneo Mohale and Sarah Hunt
You understand that all photography, filming and/or recording will be done in reliance on this consent given by you by entering this area.