This two-day training course combines the work of risk communication expert Dr. Peter Sandman with the International Association for Public Participation (IAP2) core concepts for meaningful and effective public participation and stakeholder engagement. In these challenging times of environmental, health, cultural, economic and social changes this course will give participants strategies and behaviours to enhance quality outcomes, even when communities and stakeholders are emotional or outraged.
This course is recommended for seasoned practitioners who have practical experience working with the public. Students who complete this course will gain skills that result in:
- A new way of thinking about and analyzing emotional reactions and outrage, and an understanding of its causes;
- A new way of approaching the planning / implementation of stakeholder engagement projects with outrage;
- Six practical strategies for assessing, addressing and managing outrage;
- How to apply the principles, strategies and approaches to prepare for upcoming challenges; and
- How to link meaningful practices for stakeholder engagement with outrage management.
EOP2 Montreal - March 14-15, 2017*
*new date rescheduled from November 2016
Our trainer, Stephani Roy McCallum, was LEAD DEVELOPER of the Emotion, Outrage and Public Participation course and she is currently an Assessor, Coach and Mentor for new trainers of EOP2 and the IAP2 Foundations program.
Save This Event
When & Where
We are one of Canada’s only full service pure public engagement firms, and we pride ourselves on our practice, innovation and results-based work. We aren’t a management consulting firm, communications consulting firm, or engineering / environmental / planning firm. We aren’t trainers who dabble in public consultation once in a while. We ARE public engagement – it is what we are, not just what we do. That means we don’t just teach – we DO it too.