This webinar was held on March 16, 2016. This ticket allows you to access the video recording - permanently. Once you register here, we send you the link and the password.
A Professional Development Webinar
As Somatic Sex Educators we know that holding a strong container is vital for people to safely explore, learn and heal. And the container is more than just the rules.
People who practice sexological bodywork may also work in other professional roles: as talk therapists, Tantra teachers, “Bondassage” practitioners, full service sex workers, massage therapists…. How do we navigate transitions between roles and modalities mindfully and ethically? How do we assess what exercises and experiences would be useful for a particular client? What skills and level of awareness makes people ready for any particular modality?
We experience continual pressure to change and expand boundaries from clients who claim to need something different. When should we refer people to other practitioners, and when is it okay to shift them to a different modality in our own toolkit?
Some questions that will be explored:
- A client comes to us because of our training and credentials as a sexological bodyworker. Can we ethically transition to a modality involving 2-way touch?
- A client comes to tell her story. We feel it would be better for her to quit talking and get on the table.
- He’s there for scar tissue healing after prostate surgery, then arousal enters the picture, and he wants to be pegged.
- A client who has come for regular massages for years finds out about your erotic practice, and wants to try it.
- A Sexological Bodywork client has made excellent progress and is now ready for a surrogate. Is that something you can or should do?
Facilitated by Betty Martin, with contributions from other leaders in the field, Caffyn Jesse and Liam 'Capt' Snowdon co-facilitatiors of the Canadian Sexological Bodywork/Somatic Sex Educator Training and Emaya (Elfi) Shaw practioner, teacher and trainer.
Betty is a former Chiropractor, now sacred intimate and sex coach. She has had her hands on people professionally for over 30 years, with her current focus on training and mentoring practitioners in clarity around boundaries, consent and what is best for the client. She is the developer of the Wheel of Consent.
American Friends! This is a wicked deal for you right now because of the exchange rate it is under $25!
This event will be recorded.