Actions and Detail Panel
EvalU: Creating Cultures of Learning and Innovation
Mon, 5 Dec 2016, 8:30 AM – Tue, 6 Dec 2016, 12:00 PM EST
Capacity Canada presents EvalU: Creating Cultures of Learning and Innovation.
In partnership with Ontario Ministry of Citizenship & Immigration, Renfrew County Community Futures Development Corporation, and The Community Resource Centre – Renfrew County.
This 1.5 day hands-on BootCamp will give you the opportunity to:
- Shift your organization’s mindset to focus on evaluation as strategic and critical to strong programs and initiatives
- Develop an understanding of evaluation principles and strategies, including core concepts and theory of change
- Learn strategies for building a culture of evaluation, learning and innovation
- Build on strengths, challenge the challenges, and create space for reflection and insight
- Share practical tools and strategies for connecting assessment data, decisions, and strategy
- Connect with peers to enable shared learning and ongoing support
The BootCamp Includes:
- 1.5 days of hands-on learning with evaluation experts
- Development of a change and evaluation plan for your organization, including coaching and feedback on the plan
- Expert coaching throughout the event
- Refreshments, lunch and a networking reception
Capacity Canada’s BootCamp faculty are recognized as leading experts in their field, empowering non-profit leaders to further social innovation. Faculty contains a mix of university researchers and evaluation professionals well known to the non-profit community.
Each session is led by a topic expert who combines leading-edge theory with first-hand knowledge and experience applying concepts that have direct and transformational impact on organizational performance.
Monday, December 5th
8:30 – Registration, Networking and Refreshments
9:00 – Welcome & Introductions
10:00 – Morning Sessions
Preparing for the Journey: Core Concepts
Taking the First Step: Evaluative Thinking and Organizational Capacity
Making it Meaningful: Utilization Focused Evaluation
12:15 – Lunch
1:00 – Afternoon Sessions:
What are we evaluating? Charting the Course: Theory of Change
Bringing it Home: Integrating Evaluation into Systems and Thinking
5:00 – Reception
Tuesday, December 6th
8:30 – Networking and Refreshments
9:00 – Evaluation Workout and Peer Coaching
11:30 – Debriefing & Feedback
12:00 – Wrap-Up
In order to ensure the greatest impact, we strongly recommend that two individuals from participating organizations attend. We look forward to the opportunity to work with you to build your organization’s evaluation capacity!