San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
This comprehensive 3 day course is an introduction or refresher for the techniques of evaluating Canadian SAGD assets, but the techniques used in this course also apply to oil and gas assets elsewhere in the world. There is ample opportunity to work problems in class. By the end of this course, participants will be able to evaluate a SAGD asset and interpret evaluations done by others.
- How to estimate SAGD oil reserves and forecast production
- Forms of ownership and the crown royalty regimes in Western Canada
- How to understand and categorize capital and operating costs and understand the impact of price forecasts and income tax requirements
- How to create before and after tax discount future cash flows and interpret profitability
- Using evaluations for investments, acquisitions and divestments
- Understanding reserves and resources definitions and booking methodologies
- Understanding probability in estimating SAGD reserves
The material in the course is very practical, with many tips and insights in evaluating wells, groups of wells, properties and companies.
Who Should Attend
This course is for engineers, geologists, geophysicists, land negotiators, accountants, technologists, and anyone who wants to understand the process and results of evaluating Canadian SAGD assets.
Save This Event
When & Where