MaRS EVEREST : Funding Session Overview
Government Funding and How to Get It
Join Funding Portal Vice President Karen Fournier for a comprehensive three-hour session that will provide you with all the insider knowledge required to successfully secure government grants and contributions for your growing business.
Module 1. The Canadian Government Funding Landscape
The Canadian Federal, Provincial and Municipal government grants and contribution programs for your company.
- Funding Types: What are the types of funding instruments used by governments to fund companies.
- Difference between grants and contributions
- Overview of Grants and Contribution Agreements.
- Sample Agreement and Common Terms
- Interactive Component: Reviewing the Terms for a popular fund.
- What are the sources of government funding and how to find them.
- Best practices when searching for funding.
- Interactive component: How to use the tools and solutions on the MaRS site and other resources to find government funding.
- Funding Awards.
- How much funding can your company get.
- Interactive Component: Introduction to Funding Portal IQ, a new online predictive tool to determine how much funding a company is likely to get, based on actual awards made by each government funding program.
Module 2 – How to Secure Funding for Your Company
- How to submit winning applications for funding
- Interactive component: reviewing sample applications
- Best practices for applying for funding; Do’s and Don’ts
- Interactive component: Preparing a Grant Application
- What are the other tools, services and resources that exist to improve your outcomes in government funding markets and to help companies leverage their successes into private capital and business financing markets.
About Funding Portal
Funding Portal is a comprehensive service that improves your access to government funding and tax incentives in Canada and the United States. Search more than 15,000 sources of business funding aggregated on Funding Portal, and access our unique data, analytics, and services to greatly improve your funding outcomes.
Duration: 4-5 hours
In order to take advantage of Everest, we require participants to give a deposit of $100. This deposit is fully refundable upon completion of each session. Given the intimate nature of Everest, and because the success of each session relies on the attendance of ventures, we use the deposit to ensure that ventures will attend when they sign up. If you are no longer able to attend the session, we require 48 hour notice. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We regret that failure to do so may result in the loss of your deposit.
One ticket per venture. You may bring up to one other team member from your venture to the session.