Actions and Detail Panel
EWB Toronto (Re)Connect
Sat, 5 November 2016, 1:00 PM – 4:30 PM EDT
As current Engineers Without Borders (EWB) members, alumni, or friends of the organisation, let's reconnect and celebrate the reach of our network across Canada and sub-saharan Africa. We'll be speaking live with 4 other locations in Canada and 2 in Ghana! Come eat, mingle, and learn how we're all involved in the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDG's), whether we're aware of it or not.
Also, sign up for one of the optional volunteer opportunities taking place either the morning of Sat, Nov 5 or during the week prior, then reconvene for lunch and an exploration of how both small and big contributions impact the SDG's.
The SDG's are a follow-up and expansion of the Millennium Development Goals that concluded in 2015. Now that the SDG's are just over a year old, we'll talk about what we do at the local, national, and global level to achieve a healthier, safer, greener, and more fulfilling world.
(Unfortunately this venue is not particularly accessible for those with mobility issues. If there is interest and/or need we can set up a satellite venue that is easier to reach.)
Agenda for Sat, Nov 5
- Either the morning of Sat, Nov 5 or during the week prior - optional volunteer activity linked to one or more of the SDG's
- 1pm - reconvene at central location for lunch and mingle
- 2pm - video conference in to all 6 other (Re)Connect locations to celebrate and share
- 3:30pm - informal debrief and continued networking
- 4:30pm - event close. Continue those great conversations and connections; just not at the venue!
- After - keep those new, or renewed, friendships alive and remember to check-in and see what the EWB community is up to from time to time
Venue - Makeshift Collective, 410-M Spadina Ave (black door to the right of New Ho King entrance)
Date and Time
2nd Floor, 410 Spadina Ave
(the black door to right of New Ho King)
Toronto, Ontario M5T 2G7