Actions and Detail Panel
Experience of Children Caught in Conflict: Making Room for Children's Voice...
Fri, 15 September 2017, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM EDT
The Hamilton High Conflict Forum is proud to host the 4th Annual Conference for professionals working with high conflict families entitled - Experiences of Children Caught in the Conflict: Making Room for Children's Voices. The HHCF is excited to have Dr. Michael Saini and the Honourable Justice George Czutrin as the two keynote speakers throughout the day.
The learning objectives for the day include:
1. Participants will gain an understanding about the arguments and counterarguments for voice, choice and access;
2. Participants will learn about the various methods and services that have been developed to encourage children’s participation in child custody disputes;
3. Participants will be taught the recent social science evidence about children’s participation;
4. Participants will acquire skills to authentically engage children in child custody disputes;
5. Participants will learn practical skills that professionals can use when hearing a child’s voice.
The ticket price includes snacks and lunch, provided on site at Liuna Station. In addition, resources will be available for sale from Bryan Prince Booksellers on site at the conference. Come and participate in building your knowledge around this important topic and network with collegaues of multiple disciplines.
As the temperature in a large room is very difficult to control, please dress in layers to adjust to any variability in the room's temperature.
Conference Material: Any material will be available on our website, www.hamiltonhighconflictforum.com prior to conference day.
Parking and transportation: Parking is free on site at Liuna Station. GO Transit may be available to the West Harbour GO Station which is directly across from Liuna Station. Please check the GO Transit schedule for availability.
Refund Policy: Transfer of registration to another person may be done once, at any time, without a fee. All requests for refunds must be made in writing to the event organizer. Written notice of cancellation received by September 1, 2017 will be issued a full refund. No refunds or credits will be issued for cancellations received after September 1, 2017.