Fall Wildlife Instructional Photography Workshop
Triple "D" Game Farm, Kalispell, Montana
Presented by the Burwell School of Photography
October 9-12, 2015
Join Outdoor Photography Canada Magazine contributing editor, Paul Burwell, for a full-featured photography workshop at the Triple D Game Farm in Kalispell, Montana. This workshop will help you create stunning images of wildlife models at the Triple D Game Farm. The cooler temperatures of fall signal the animals that it is time to start building those fur coats for the coming winter. In 3 days you can amass a tremendous portfolio of animal photographs while learning the tips, tricks and techniques that will help
you create truly captivating images.
Fall wildlife models can include: bobcat, bear, coyote, wolf, lynx, mountain lion, snow-leopard, porcupine, raccoon, skunk, otter and fox.
This workshop includes:
- The opportunity to photograph extremely healthy and happy wildlife surrogates in natural surroundings at the Triple D Game Farm in Kalispell, Montana
- A minimum of 8 sessions photographing the animals over 3 days
- The benefit of Paul’s years of experience photographing at Triple D and scouting the locations
- You will be safely closer to animals like Cougars, Lynx and Snow Leopards than you ever imagined possible
- A copy of Paul’s book, Triple D Photography Tips, Tricks and Techniques
- Small group size to a maximum of 10 participants allows for maximum flexibility
- The opportunity to bring at least 10 images with you for critiquing
- Paul’s undivided attention during the photo sessions to help you get the most out of your investment
- Paul has an extensive history of working with and educating adults from his prior experience as the President of an Internet firm
- The opportunity to learn techniques for preparing images with Photoshop, developing a managed workflow and archival strategies
- The option to submit up to 10 photographs from this workshop for a detailed written critique of each submitted photograph
Notes from the Instructor…
My Triple D workshops are limited to 10 participants. This small group size allows for maximum flexibility in obtaining all types of shots including portraits, behavior, close-ups and special requests where possible. You’ll also have the flexibility to easily move to different positions to get the shots you are looking for. You will be able to benefit from my years of experience photographing at Triple D and scouting the various shooting locations. This will help make sure you go home with the best photos possible.
I was the President of an Internet services company for over 10 years where I developed an extensive history of working with and educating adults. I am currently a contributing editor for Outdoor Photography Canada magazine and a professional nature photographer. Some individuals seem to run workshops in order to subsidize their own photography shoots. But, unlike those workshop leaders, I am exclusively there to help you get the best shots. You won’t need to worry about interrupting my photography to ask a question or get advice. This workshop is more than just a series of photo sessions with the wildlife models. It is a full featured workshop offering a complete educational experience.
The staff members at Triple D are simply tremendous and they’ll work with us to help get you a tremendous series of shots. Jay and Kim Deist, the owners of the Triple D, are tremendously generous hosts who provide a terrific service to photographers.
Each participant will receive a copy of my book, Triple D Photography Tips, Tricks and Techniques. Familiarizing yourself with the book in advance of your trip to the Triple D is an excellent way of preparing for your visit. The Triple D Photography Tips, Tricks and Techniques book forms the basis for the educational portion of the workshop.
If you are wondering where to stay in Kalispell, options range from the very affordable Triple D Guest Cabin to one of the hotels that offer discounts for Triple D guests. Please contact me for more information.
- October 8th Evening: Orientation meeting at the Triple D offices.
- October 9th - 12th Mornings: The morning of each day will feature photography sessions with the wildlife models at various shooting locations
- October 9th – 11th Afternoons: This time will be available for instruction as well as free time to work on images.
- October 12th – Noon: Workshop comes to an end
- $1395 US Dollars
- Time and weather permitting, additional sessions may be added for $150 per session
- Accompanying non-photographer $50 per day
Policies and payment information available here.