Actions and Detail Panel
Fast and Female Champ Camp Park City Edition
Sun, 16 October 2016, 9:00 AM – 11:30 AM MDT
ONLINE REGISTRATION IS CLOSED BUT THERE ARE A FEW SPOTS OPEN FOR DAY OF EVENT REGISTRATION. PLEASE ARRIVE AT 9:00am IF YOU'D LIKE TO JOIN US!
Fast and Female CHAMP CAMP in Park City
Locally Powered by US Bank
Fast & Female is Proud to Present an Afternoon of Athletic Inspiration and Fun Hosted by Olympians, World Champions, and USSA International Stars for Girls 8-18!
Join USSA female athletes for an afternoon of fun! Learn from these International stars through games, athletic activities, and inspirational stories. You’ll have a chance to hang out with your heroes, meet other girls interested in sports, and learn about life as a professional athlete! All of your favorite winter sports will be represented!
WHEN: October 16, 2016 from 9:00-11:30
WHERE: Center Of Excellence, Park City Utah (1 Victory Ln, Park City Utah, 84060)
WHAT TO BRING: Participants should wear comfortable athletic clothes and bring a water bottle. Some of the stations will be outside so be prepared for this!
Please print and bring these two waivers with you! Thank you!
COST: $30 pre-registration. $35 day of event registration.
Participation includes a Fast and Female T-Shirt.
Parents are invited too! Join us for a special PARENT SEMINAR from 9:30-11:00am on topics related to nutrition, healthy competition, and ways to keep your daughters in sports! Parents from the seminar are also invited to the snack and inspirational stories part of the main event that begins at 11:15.
PARENT SEMINAR PRESENTERS
Kikkan Randall, Fast and Female USA President, US Ski Team Member, four-time Olympian, three-time overall World Cup Sprint Champion and 26-time World Cup podium finisher
Building a Well Rounded Athlete
- The story of how she grew up and the factors that she believes contributed to her success
- Strategies she plans to use for her children now that she’s a parent
- Fast and Female’s vision, mission, and plans to continue to inspire, motivate, and support girls to stay in sports for life
Megan Chacosky, MS, RD, USSA’s High Performance Chef and Registered Dietician
Fuel Rules: How to Make Food Count in a Positive Way
- Why “fueling” is different than “feeding”
- How to know what is "good" fuel & how much to eat of it
- Particular things females should consider with fueling
- Building positive cultures around food and the ways parents, families, coaches, and communities can help
- How "fueling" and making nutrition a part of everyday play/life can positively impact sports performance and overall health
- What is done nutritionally with athletes at USSA to help them train & compete to the best of their abilities