Actions and Detail Panel
Fireworks Photography Class - Globalfest Calgary Aug 22, 2017
Tue, 22 August 2017, 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM MDT
Join Neil to learn how to photograph fireworks at Calgary's Globalfest! This show features Quebec's Fireworks team.
We will meet at Elliston Park by 7:30pm to claim our seating location and go over the settings and processes for capturing brilliant fireworks photos. Once everyone is comfortable with the techniques, you are welcome to enjoy the festival attraction until it is time for the fireworks.
* We set up at the south viewing location, along the water, south of the main performace stage. I will send everyone a location map before the event date. You are welcome to bring family members, there is a great viewing hill right behind where we set up. You are responsible for any extra tickets you require for non-class friends or family.
You will need:
- A DSLR or Mirrorless camera that has BULB mode. This is like manual mode, but allows you to control exactly the amount of time the shutter is open.
- A Cable release or intervalometer that has a manual shutter release button.
- A sturdy tripod
- A wide angle lens is perferrable
- A folding chair as the ground can be wet where we set up.
I will have your entrance ticket available at the gate on the date.
Parking is available at Marlboro Mall, with a shuttle bus ($6.00 per person) running frequently to Ellistion Park. There is no on-site parking available.
If the weather cancels the event, it will be held on the very next night and the class will go ahead as planned.
*By registering for this event, you assume all liabilities and risks. Neil Zeller Photography is not responsible for any injury or incident to anyone as a result of you participation in this class.