Join your colleagues for a facilitated discussion about records and information management challenges.
This session will focus on the fundamentals of records management for the beginner and the veteran, including how to determine requirements and guidelines for the retention, preservation, and ultimate disposition of records in various formats. It is intended to orient those who are new to records management, and to create an opportunity for new records managers to participate in a discussion with more experienced professionals.
Topics on the agenda may include:
- Key players within your organization for a records management team
- What is a record
- Statutory requirements for records management and how to determine which apply to you
- How to lawfully retain and manage records
- Considerations for managing a retention and disposition program
- Considerations for electronic records, including email, databases, websites, social media
- Considerations for historically significant records
- Storage and other considerations for paper records
- In-house and outsourcing options
- Resources and help
- what I wish I knew before starting my Records adventure
- how to translate records language to the organization
This is a long list of topics and we won't be able to cover them all. Session participants will determine the topics most relevant to them.