Actions and Detail Panel
Food Handlers Certification Course (June 12, 2017)
Mon, 12 June 2017, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM EDT
The Food Handler Certification Program is designed to teach food handlers the general principles of safe food handling. This course will provide the food handler with the basic knowledge to identify risk factors associated with food borne illness and the skills necessary to handle food in a manner that will prevent illness from occuring.
Certification & Recertification
Participants who acheive a minimum of 70% on the food handlers exam will receive a Ontario Food Handlers Certificate. This certificate meets mandatory food safety training requirements and is recognized by health units in Ontario.
Certification is valid for five (5) years from date of issue.
- Role of Lambton Public Health
- Role of the Public Health Inspector
- Public health legislation
- Food microbiology
- Food borne illness
- Handwashing and personal hygiene
- Recieving and storing
- Food protection and preparation
- Serving and dispensing
- Cleaning and sanitizing
- Pest control
- Food allergies
- Structural and general items
- Introduction to Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP)