Benchmark Assessment K-8
Facilitator: Dr. Joe Stouffer
Who should attend?
Classroom teachers, literacy coaches, Resource teachers, educators using the diagnostic screening tool in K-8 classrooms. Principals may also want to attend as part of a school team, to better understand the importance of coding, scoring, and analyzing Running Records. This presentation will cover the recent changes to the Comprehension conversation, and new assessment rubrics found in the BAS 3rd ed
Highlights of Training:
- Reviewing the research findings behind the Fountas & Pinnell Benchmark Assessment Systems
- How to analyze running records, and the impact on designing instructional strategies • Scoring BAS reading assessments and placing students into the appropriate guiding reading level, and grouping suggestions
- Reviewing reading performance, characteristics of comprehension, reading rate, reading fluency
- Examining other literacy assessment practices related to word analysis, concepts of print, and use of rubrics
- Review of new guidelines, and Assessment rubrics found in BAS 3rd ed
How do I register?
At the top under "Ticket Information", select how many tickets you require for this event. If you are paying by credit card, select the "Order Now" button. If paying by cheque or purchase order, select "Show Other Payment Options". Fill in the required fields, and follow the prompts provided on the screen.
What are my payment options?
You can pay by credit card, cheque or purchase order:
- If you are paying by credit card, select the "Order Now" button.
- If paying by cheque, select "Show Other Payment Options". Fill in the required fields, and follow the prompts provided on the screen.
- If paying by purchase order, select "Show Other Payment Options". Fill in the required fields, and follow the prompts provided on the screen. Please submit your purchase order number to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I get help with registering?
For assistance, please email email@example.com.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions about the content of the event?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the refund policy?
You may receive a full refund if you have cancelled by 2 weeks before the start date of the event. Please contact email@example.com for details. If you have purchased by credit card, your card will be refunded within 5 business days. If purchased through cheque or purchase order, your refund will be processed within 4 weeks.
In the event that Pearson Canada needs to cancel the event, all registrations will be refunded in full.
When & Where
Pearson Canada is Canada’s leading learning company. We provide innovative learning materials, technologies, assessments, and services to educators, professionals, and students in order to help people everywhere aim higher and fulfill their true potential.