Actions and Detail Panel
Freedom Farm Camp Week 1 - July 3-9, 2017 - Ages 4-11 years
Mon, 3 Jul 2017, 9:00 AM – Fri, 7 Jul 2017, 3:00 PM PDT
Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
This first week of "farm camp" is titled "JR. CHEF P1, JR.SCIENTIST P1 & JR. FARMER - GOATS & SHEEP"
JR.CHEF'S will learn the basics of food prep with their first task of harvesting and preparing their own salads and home made dressing. As the week continues the chef's will graduate to more sophisticated food items each harvested and prepared on the farm.
JR. SCIENTISTS will use high power microscopes to inspect "living things" on the farm. From plant cells to soil microbes, Jr. Scientists will not only explore & collect specimens, they will learn why each is important to our our ecosystem as well as their role in organic food production.
JR.FARMER'S (GOATS & SHEEP) will learn to care for goats and sheep. What they eat, where they sleep, what they are used for on the farm and historically. The kids will learn how sheep are sheared and how to make wool and even how to finger knit!.
Campers can also look forward to:
- Caring for our farms chickens and ducks
- Harvesting various fruits and vegetables to enjoy at the farm and at home with the family
- Soil and what lives in the soil - earthworms and microbes
- Daily mindfulness practice as well as yoga on the farm
- "Old school" games and physical activity
- Each week will learn new things about our Freedom Farm honey bees
- COMMUNITY - What it means to be part of a community and the importance of who each of us are within our community - connecting with ourselves, our families and others in a deep way.
- Arts, crafts, drama and more!
- Friday FAMILY DAY 1pm-3pm
Camp runs Monday to Friday 9 am -3pm
Each counselor has extensive experience teaching children and each has up to date First Aid/CPR and criminal checks.
ALSO INCLUDED: TUESDAY AND THURSDAY OF CAMP CAMPERS WILL COME HOME WITH 1 FABRIC BAG FILLED WITH FRUIT AND OR VEGGIES FROM THE FARM. SEASONAL OF COURSE! (ALL SEEDS ARE ORGANIC NON GMO AND NOT ONE SINGLE CHEMICAL WILL EVER TOUCH OUR SOIL.
1 SNACK OF FRUIT AND VEGGIES PICKED BY YOUR CHILD ON THE FARM
PLEASE PACK CHILDREN'S LUNCHES DAILY