Actions and Detail Panel
Freedom Farm Camp Week 2 - July 10 - 14, 2017
Mon, 10 Jul 2017, 9:00 AM – Fri, 14 Jul 2017, 3:00 PM PDT
JR. BEE KEEPER, JAM MAKING P1, HOME GARDENING, JR. SCIENTIST & more!
Camp for ages 4-11 years of age.
JR. BEE KEEPERS will get a chance to wear a professional (Child size) beekeeping suit, learn the basics of hive care, the life of bees and how bees are an integral part of our survival. Children will also get to assist in honey extraction as well as take a small jar of our raw organic honey home.
ORIENTEERING PART 1 - An activity that enhances special awareness, strategy and team work! Children will learn the basics of orienteering, each with their own compasses. They will work as individuals and in groups to navigate using only their compass'. A great life skill that is so much fun!
JAM P1 - Children will harvest their own berries from our farm and make their very own jam! They will also learn the history of preserves and why historically it has been so important. Our jam will be made with Freedom Farms very own honey! The children will also get to taste store bought jam and learn it's ingredients and why making things ourselves are so much more nourishing for our bodies!
HEALING HERBS AND TEAS - Campers will harvest camomile, perpermint, lavender and more to make their very own herbal tea that will be sweetened with our very own honey. Kids will prepare natural unbleached tea bags in a beautiful package they have decorated them selves! Parents you will be astonished by the incredible flavours of this tea!
CAMPERS CAN ALSO LOOK FORWAD TO:
- Caring for our farms live stock daily - goats, sheep, chickens, ducks.
- Harvesting various fruits and vegetables to enjoy at the farm daily.
- Soil and what lives in the soil - earth worms and microbes
- Dialy mindfulness practice, yoga on the farm and prayer before meals ( non-denominational, all religions and non religions welcome).
- "Old school" games and physical activity.
- COMMUNITY - What it means to be part of a community and the importance of who each of us are within our community - connecting with ourselves, our families and others in a deep way.
- Arts, crafts, drama and more!
- Friday FAMILY DAY 1-3pm
CAMP RUNS MONDAY TO FRIDAY FROM 9 AM -3PM.
Each camp leader has extensive experience teaching children and each has current CPR and first aid as well as current criminal record checks.
ALSO INCLUDED: WEDNESDAY A LARGE FABRIC FREEDOM FARM BAG WILL BE FILLED WITH SEASONAL VEGGIES THAT YOUR CHILD WILL HARVEST. ALL SEEDS ARE NON GMO AND NOT ONE SINGLE CHEMICAL WILL EVER TOUCH OUR LIVING SOIL.
CHILDREN WILL GET TO SNACK DAILY ON FRUITS AND VEGGIES THAT THEY HARVEST.
PLEASE PACK A HEARTY LUNCH FOR YOUR CHILD DAILY!
WE ARE SO VERY EXCITED TO TO HAVE YOUR TAKE PART IN THIS INCREDIBLE EXPERIENCE WITH US!