Actions and Detail Panel
Freedom Farm Camp Week 3 - July 17 - 21, 2017
Mon, 17 Jul 2017, 9:00 AM – Fri, 21 Jul 2017, 3:00 PM PDT
For ages 4-11 yrs of age.
FARMING, FOOD & THE EARTH, ORIENTEERING P2 and COOKING WITH FARM FRESH EGGS
FARMING & FOOD- The practice of permaculture and how food grown in living soil contains more vitamins and minerals. These concepts will be taught in fun creative ways, through art, crafts, drama and more. Campers will learn how to care for Chickens and gather eggs and prepare food with eggs.
ORIENTEERING - Campers will enhance their team building skills while working together using only their compass to find " treasures" on the farm. Orienteering is an especially important skill to learn in today's day and age with the use of devices while parents are driving becoming "the norm" for many families. Studies show that the portion of the brain responsible for spatial awarness does not adequately develope in children who do not "look out the window regularly while driving", causing various other developmental issues.
CARING FOR THE EARTH - Draw attention to packaging of food and how growing our own food significantly reduces packaging waste, water use (via rain harvesting), carbon foot print and more. Freedom farm has come up with some fun, creative ways to educated and inspire children to care for our planet.
CAMPERS CAN ALSO LOOK FORWARD TO:
- Harvesting various fruits and vegetables to enjoy at the farm and at home with the family.
- Soil and what lives in the soil - earthworms and microbes.
- Daily mindfulness practice, yoga on the farm and prayer/gaditude before meals.
- "Old school" games and physical activity.
- Each week new facts about honey bees will be taught.
- COMMUNITY - What it means to be part of a community and the importance of who each of us are within our community - connecting with ourselves, our families and others in a deep meaningful way.
- Arts, crafts, drama and more!
- Friday FAMILY DAY 1pm -3pm
Camps runs Monday to Friday 9am-3pm.
Each Counselor has extensive experience teaching children and each has up to date First Aid/CPR and criminal record checks.
ALSO INCLUDED: WEDNESDAYS CAMPERS WILL HARVEST AND BRING HOME A FABRIC SHOPPING BAG FULL OF FRUITS AND VEGGIES. SEASONAL OF COURSE! ( ALL SEEDS ARE NON GMO ORGANIC AND NOT ONE SINGLE CHEMICAL WILL EVER TOUCH OUR SOIL.
1 SNACK OF FRUIT AND VEGGIES PICKED BY CAMPERS WILL BE ENJOYED DAILY.
PLEASE PACK A HEARTY LUNCH FOR YOUR CHILD DAILY.