Actions and Detail Panel
Freedom Farm Camp Week 4 - July 24-28, 2017
Mon, 24 Jul 2017, 9:00 AM – Fri, 28 Jul 2017, 3:00 PM PDT
Jr. Farmers II - Goats and sheep PII will continure to teach children about goat and Sheep care in greater detail as well as learn a special unit for each animal. We will make home made goat cheese and try our hand at knitting with sheeps wool and more!
Jr. Scientist - We will have high power microscopes for the kids to view living microbes in the soil as well as the cell structure of plants. We will further this will a unit on photosynthesis (this will be made fun and created appropriatly to suit each age group).
Jr. Baker 1 - Kids will hand mill their own wheat, collect and use freedom farms chicken eggs and make their own bread which will be cooked in our outdoor oven! Kids will also learn the history of bread and how we came to enjoy light fluffy bread.
Preserves part 1 - Campers will pick strawberries and make jam with it to enjoy on their very own home made bread!
CAMPERS CAN ALSO LOOK FORWARD TO:
- Caring for our farms chickens and ducks.
- Harvesting various fruits and veggies to enjoy on the farm as well as with family.
- Soil and what lives in the soil- earth worms and microbes.
- Dally mindfulness practice, yoga on the farm and prayer/gratitude with meals.
- " Old school" games and physical activity.
- Each week kids will learn new things about Freedom Farm's bee's.
- COMMUNITY - What it means to be a part of a community and the importance of who each of us are within our community - connecting with ourselves, our families and others in a deep meaningful way.
- Arts, crafts, drama and more!
- Friday FAMILY DAY 1pm -3pm
Camp runs Monday to Friday 9am -3pm
Each counselor has extensive experience teaching children and each has up to date First Aid and CPR and criminal record checks.
ALSO INCLUDED: CHILDREN WILL HARVES AND BRING HOME A CLOTH SHOPPING BAG FULL OF FRUITS AND VEGGIES FROM THE FARM. ALL SEEDS ARE NON- GMO AND NOT ONE SINGLE CHEMICAL WILL EVER TOUCH THEM OR THE SOIL.
1 SNACK OF FRUIT AND OR VEGETABLES WILL BE PROVIDED. YOUR CHILD WILL CHOOSE AND PICK THIER OWN.
PLEASE PACK A HEARTY LUNCH FOR YOUR CHILD DAILY