Actions and Detail Panel
Freedom Farm Camp Week 5 - July 31st-Aug 4th,2017 - Jr. Chef ll, Jr. Farmer...
Mon, 31 Jul 2017, 9:00 AM – Fri, 4 Aug 2017, 3:00 PM PDT
Jr. Chef ll - Children will learn more detailed cooking skills than Jr. Chef 1. Children will learn about cooking over flames and what that physically does to the food both taste wise and chemically. All of the food will be harvested from the farm and prepared by the children. Children will learn proper table setting skills as well as etiquette and more.
Jr. Farmer - Jr. Farmers will bring home veggies they have planted in pots. They will also learn how to care for and harvest crops on the farm. Ducks will be the detailed focus of the week. We will collect duck eggs and learn all about the anatomy of ducks and how to care for them. Ducks are also used fora very special purpose in the garden....the children will come home from camp and tell you all about it.
Jr. Preserves - We will be harvesting and preserving seasonal food as well as learning the history of preserves. Children will each bring home something they preserved themselves!
Harvest - Campers will harvest nearly every type of fruit and veggie on the farm. We will be learning its nutritional value and importance to the body as well as bringing home a full fabric bag of food they harvested from the farm!
CAMPERS CAN ALSO LOOK FORWARD TO:
- Caring for the farms chickens, goats and sheep.
- Soil and what lives in the soil.
- Daily mindfulness practice, yoga on the farm and prayer/gratitude before meals.
- " Old school" games and physical activity.
- Each week kids will learn new things about Freedom Farm Honey Bees.
- COMMUNITY - What it means to be a part of a community and the importance of who each of us are within our community - connecting with ourselves, our families and others in a deep way.
- Arts, crafts, drama and more!
- Friday FAMILY FUN DAY 1pm -3pm.
Camp runs Monday to Friday 9am -3pm
Each counselor has extensive experience teaching children and has up to date first aid and criminal record check.
ALSO INCLUDED: ONE FULL FABRIC BAG OF FRUITS AND VEGGIES HARVESTED BY YOUR CHILDREN. ALL SEED ARE ORGANIC, NON-GMO AND WILL NEVER SEE A SINGLE CHEMICAL.
1 SNACK OF FRUIT AND OR VEGGIES WILL BE PROVIDED FOR THE CHILDREN DAILY.
PLEASE PACK YOUR CHILD A HEARTY LUNCH DAILY.