Actions and Detail Panel
Freedom Farm Camp Week 6 - Aug.7-11, 2017 - 4-11 yrs
Mon, 7 Aug 2017, 9:00 AM – Fri, 11 Aug 2017, 3:00 PM PDT
HAND MADE POTATO CHIPS & FRIES, JR. FARMER - FARM ANIMALS VEGGIES, JR.BEE KEEPERS
HAND MADE POTATO CHIPS & FRIES - Campers will harvest potatoes and learn to make their very own potatoe chips and French fries!
JR. FARMER - Campers will either add to their knowledge of the previous weeks knowledge or begin where the previous week left of learning about chickens,ducks, goats and turkeys and their uses in farming. They will learn basic anatomy of these animal and harvest eggs as well as learn other uses for these incredible creatures. ABUNDANT HARVEST will be taking place at this time as well. Campers will harvest and use veggies and fruit in a variety of ways. Basic nutritional knowledge will be learned as well. Mid-week CAMPERS WILL BRING HOME A FABRIC BAG OF VEGGIES they will have harvested!
JR.BEE KEEPERS - Campers will learn about bees and how they function as an intricate community. Freedom Farm has is very own KIDS BEE KEEPING SUITS which campers will use to learm to inspect the hives and and observe exciting things such as a new bee exiting from it's cell! We will also extract and bottle our very own honey!
CAMPERS CAN ALSO LOOK FORWARD TO:
- Caring for the farms chickens, goats and sheep.
- Soil and what lives in the soil.
- Daily mindfulness practice, yoga on the farm and prayer/gratitude before meals.
- " Old school" games and physical activity.
- Each week kids will learn new things about Freedom Farm Honey Bees.
- COMMUNITY - What it means to be a part of a community and the importance of who each of us are within our community - connecting with ourselves, our families and others in a deep way.
- Arts, crafts, drama and more!
- Friday FAMILY FUN DAY 1pm -3pm.
Camp runs Monday to Friday 9am -3pm
Each counselor has extensive experience teaching children and has up to date first aid and criminal record check.
ALSO INCLUDED: ONE FULL FABRIC BAG OF FRUITS AND VEGGIES HARVESTED BY YOUR CHILDREN. ALL SEED ARE ORGANIC, NON-GMO AND WILL NEVER SEE A SINGLE CHEMICAL.
1 SNACK OF FRUIT AND OR VEGGIES WILL BE PROVIDED FOR THE CHILDREN DAILY.
PLEASE PACK YOUR CHILD A HEARTY LUNCH DAILY.