Actions and Detail Panel
From Field & Forest 2016: Building Business from Non-Timber Forest Products
Thu, 20 Oct 2016, 8:30 AM – Fri, 21 Oct 2016, 3:30 PM ADT
Make connections and learn how to get your products into the hands of local and international customers.
Expert connections, expert insights
From Field & Forest is a 2-day conference that will give natural resource managers and rural entrepreneurs the connections and insights to build sustainable businesses from non-timber forest products. Make connections and learn how to target your market and get your products into the hands of regional and international customers.
What are non-timber forest products (NTFPs)?
Non-timber forest products (NTFP) are the goods and services provided by the forests other than conventional wood products (timber and pulp). They include medicinal plants, resins, saps, essential oils, fruits, nuts, vegetables, fish and game, greenery, and a range of ecological goods and services such as clean water, wildlife habitat, and aesthetics.
Who should attend?
- Woodlot owners, small farm owners, and other resource managers
- Rural entrepreneurs, start-ups working with non-timber forest products
- Contractors, consultants, and service providers
- Investors and support organizations
Make connections and learn how to build a business from non-timber forest products by gaining insights on:
- The Resource (what is growing in the region and what can you grow?)
- The Technology (how can you create valuable products from non-timber forest products?)
- The Market (how to get your product to the marketplace)