Actions and Detail Panel
FSEAP PWF Certificate Program
Thu, 24 November 2016, 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM MST
Positive Workplace Framework Champion Certificate Program Overview
FSEAP, in collaboration with WMA Wellness Inc. has designed a 3-tier Workplace Wellness Certificate training program to assist professionals and organizations to apply, model and promote evidence informed positive psychology practices that contribute to healthy and effective workplace communities.
PWFC Certificate Level I - Foundational Mental Fitness Practices
This first level of training equips participants to promote, model, and train others in positive relationship practicees that contribute to employee engagement, enhanced team functioning and psychological wellness in the workplace.
- Classroom instruction, November 24th 2016, Delta Edmonton South Hotel and Conference Centre, Edmonton AB
PWFC Certificate Level II - Resiliency Practices
The second level of training equips participants to promote and train others in resiliency practices that contribute to enhance employee coping and thriving, readiness for change, and sustained psychological wellness in the workplace.
- 7 hours self study - Webinars, Online Modules, Assigned Projects and Mentorships, February 2017
PWFC Certificate Level III - Expanded Positive Leadership Practices
The third level of training equips participants to promote and train others in expanded positive leadership practices that contribute to enhanced manager effectiveness for modelling and embedding positive workplace routines and processes.
- 7 hours self study - Webinars, Online Modules, Assigned Projects and Mentorships, April 2017
Who should attend?
Ideally tailored to support business professionals, the Positive Workplace Framework Champion Series is delivered within 21 hours and consists of classroom, webinar & teleconference, and self-based learning.
- You're a supervisor or manager who acknowledges the importance of positive psychology in the workplace
- You work with front-line staff who are susceptible to compassion fatigue and burn-out
- You're a team leader within a safety-sensitive capacity
- You're employed within an HR Professional, a Workplace Wellness Consultant, or related Human Capital capacity
- You wish to further strengthen your team leadership and engagement skills
- You want to build and maintain strong employee engagement and retention practices
- Your team is required to produce more outcomes with less input
Meet your instructors:
Dr. Bill Morrison, WMA
- Dr. Morrison has advanced graduate degrees in both educational foundations and psychology, and is a fully bilingual clinical psychologist. In addition to his licenses as a professional educator and psychologist and his 20 years of clinical practice, Dr. Morrison has had extensive experience in the development and implementation of health and educational services for children and adults in several Canadian Interdepartmental Integrated Service Delivery Initiative, and was an initial author of the Province of New Brunswick's provincial wellness strategy. Currently Presidentt of the NB College of Psychologists, Dr. Morrison also serves as an Associate Professor of Educational Psychology and Co-Executive Director of the Health and Education Research Group at the University of New Brunswick. Dr. Morrison's most recent publication on positive mental health and strength-based approaches is being used as a key resource document by the Pan-Canadian Joint Consortium for School Health to engage and mobilize educational institutions and communities in creating readiness for positive change across Canada.
Dr. Patricia Peterson, WMA
- Patricia Peterson holds a doctoral degree in Educational Psychology from Boston University. A tenured faculty member at the University of New Brunswick, she is also Co-Executive Director of the university's Health and Education Research Group, serving as Principal Investigator on initiatives related to program evaluation, workplace wellness and mental fitness. She is a consultant on initiatives related to integrated service delivery for children and youth with complex needs and positive psychology approaches in comprehensive school and workplace contexts. She has served on numerous provincial and national committees related to learning exceptionalities and educational psychology and is currently the President of the Learning Disabilities Association of New Brunswick. Recently, Dr. Peterson has authored a book outlining comprehensive positive mental health perspectives, practices and policies for creating cultures of wellness in schools.
This 21-hour condensed certificate-based training series will increase the critical skill-sets required to influence or change your organizational culture while implementing and sustaining viable workplace wellness initiatives.
- Certified Workplace Champions are equipped to execute sustainable employee engagement and retention projects
- Certified Workplace Champions are trained to independently deliver Positive Workplace Framework Workshops and Seminars within their organization
- Your Positive Workplace Framework Certificate training may be applied as professional learning credits
- Certified Workplace Champions are trained to administer Workplace Wellness assessment and strategic planning tools and resources
- Certified Workplace Champions increase their knowledge and capacity to lead and coach others in areas of increased workplace efficiencies