Actions and Detail Panel
General Ergonomics and Musculoskeletal Injury Prevention Workshop
Tue, 25 April 2017, 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM ADT
This full day workshop on General Ergonomics and MSI Prevention will provide participants time to think, discuss, learn about and apply:
- General ergonomics principles;
- MSI awareness;
- Identifying ergonomics risks in your workplace;
- Evaluating ergonomics risks in the workplace; and
- Implementing controls in the workplace to prevent ergonomics risks.
This workshop is intended for:
OHS Specialists Employers Managers
Supervisors Workers OHS Committee Members
HR Specialists WH&S Representatives Return to Work Specialists
1. Do I need to know what ergonomics is to add this session?
This workshop is intended to provide general ergonomics and musculoskeletal injury prevention to anyone with an interest in the topic.
2. Who should attend the session?
This workshop is intended for OHS professionals, employers, workers, WH&S reps, Operations managers, supervisors, HR professionals, OHS committee members, return to work specialists.
3. How long is the workshop?
Registration starts at 8:30 and the session runs from 9:00am until 3:00pm and will include breaks and lunch.
4. What is the cost of the workshop?
There is no additional cost for the workshop.
5. Can more than 1 person attend the workshop for a workplace?
Provided there are seats available you can have more than one person attend from a workplace. If the seats do get filled and we have a wait list we may ask you to limit numbers. Please register each person from the same organization separately.
6. What will I get out of the workshop?
You will be provided clear and consistent information and resources on ergonomics that you will be able to practice and apply to your own workplaces.
7. What if I have more questions about the workshop?
You can contact the Ergonomists at WCB at 902-717-5891 or 902-478-5702. They will gladly answer any questions that you have!