Actions and Detail Panel
Gentle Persuasive Approaches in Dementia Care (GPA)
GPA Basics is an innovative dementia care education curriculum based on a person-centred care approach. Designed for interdisciplinary point of care staff across healthcare sectors, GPA Basics is delivered as four modules over a 7.5-hour day. The session is evidence-based, interactive and practical. Two GPA Certified Coaches guide participants to fully understand responsive behaviours in order to be able to respond effectively and appropriately in a workplace setting. GPA Basics also includes respectful self-protective and gentle redirection technique for use in situations of risk.
Cost: $35.00 + handling fees (Includes program manual, certificate, lunch and snacks)
To register, you must be enrolled in the Geriatric Certificate Program (GCP), or otherwise:
i) Be enrolled in/have graduated from an allied health care program at a recognized educational institution in Canada, and;
ii) Be currently working for/seeking employment in dementia care or a related field.
Terms and Conditions
I understand that the transfer and cancellation policy is as follows:
· Cancellations received up to 2 weeks prior to the workshop will be granted a full refund.
· Cancellations received within 2 weeks of the workshop will be subject to a $20 charge.
· No refunds will be granted within 48 hours of the workshop.
· Participants who do not cancel their registration and do not attend the workshop are liable for the full workshop fee.
· In the event of cancelation by ASWE, ASWE cannot be held responsible for any costs incurred by participants associated with the cancellation.