Actions and Detail Panel
Getting serious about draftproofing your home
Sat, 29 October 2016, 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM EDT
THE REEP HOUSE Series
The REEP House Series is a monthly series of events that showcases the technology and displays at the REEP House for Sustainable Living and explores other ideas and options for living sustainably.
Learn to draftproof your home
The average Canadian home loses about 25% of its heat through drafts and air leakage. In fact, in older draftier homes the percentage may be even higher—up to 40% of the heat in these types of homes can being lost through drafts.
The good news is that it’s something that you can do yourself. It’s also a relatively small investment for the payback you’re going to get and is eligible for Home Reno Rebates.
Come to learn:
- where to look for the leaks that are the most common, the most overlooked, and the most important to seal up
- how to seal the different types of leaks found in your basement, attic, and living spaces
- which materials are the best for sealing different types of leaks
Your sustainable home guide is Brendan Schaefer.
REEP House for Sustainable Living, 20 Mill St., Kitchener
- Doors Open 1:00 p.m.
- Presentation / Tour: 1:30 p.m.
- Open House 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Advance registration below is appreciated.
Brendan Schaefer is the Manager of the REEP House, and was the Lead Technician in our Great Draftproofing Crackdown project, helping homeowners to draft-proof their homes.