San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
NOVEMBER 9TH, 2016
Weekly Wednesday Nights from 6 to 8 PM November 2016 to June 2017
For a 4th year now Girls Inc will be operating the Staying Strong Mentoring Program. This program focuses on Healthy lifestyles, self-esteem, art, leadership and anti-violence & anti-bullying through activities that are facilitated by the mentors.
According to the Alberta Government, “Mentoring is increasingly recognized as a powerful course of action in the positive development of children and youth.”
These positives benefits are:
- Improved attitudes about staying in school
- Enhanced academic motivation and achievement
- Strengthened peer, school and family relationships
- Reduced risk of involvement in drugs and alcohol
Topics to be covered in mentoring sessions (but not limited to):
- Appreciation and kindness
- Dealing with difference
- And of course having lots of FUN!
- a Mentor Form will be emailed to mentors once registered