Global Hive: Tools for Engaging Global Citizens
Wednesday, October 9, 2013 from 12:00 AM to 11:30 PM (EDT)
ONLINE registration for this event has now ended. Please contact your regional coordinator to register for the gathering in your region.
Vancouver Gathering: Lynn Slobogian
Regina Gathering: Steffany Salloum
Toronto Gathering: Jennifer Muldooon
Ottawa Gathering: Sarah Feldberg
Montreal Gathering: Annick Des Granges
Halifax Gathering: Janelle Frail
Charlottetown Gathering: Janelle Frail
Fredericton Gathering: Janelle Frail
St. John's Gathering: Janelle Frail
Please contact Sarah Power to register for the Online event.
How do you engage with Canadians on the global issues that drive you?
Global Hive Conference
October 9, 2013
The Inter-Council Network is offering a free opportunity for anyone involved and interested in public engagement to participate in our Global Hive Conference. Regional gatherings will bring this event to eleven cities across Canada including:
· Vancouver, British Columbia | English Event | 9:00-2:00 PDT
· Edmonton, Alberta | English Event | 10:00-3:00 MDT
· Regina, Saskatchewan | English Event | 10:00-3:00 CST
· Winnipeg, Manitoba | English | 11:00-4:00 CDT
· *Ottawa, Ontario | English Event | 11:30-4:30 EDT
· *Toronto, Ontario | English Event | 11:30-4:30 EDT
· Montreal, Quebec | French Event | 11:30-4:30 EDT
· Fredericton, NB | English Event | 11:00-4:00 ADT
· Halifax, Nova Scotia | English Event | 11:00-4:00 ADT
· Charlottetown, PEI | English Event | 11:00-4:00 ADT
· St. John's, Newfoundland | English Event | 11:30-4:30 NDT
The day will consist of opportunities to reflect on your own public engagement practice and experience, engage with the good practices and tools that were developed for the Global Hive and connect with others who are interested in public engagement to imagine and plan for the future of active global citizenship. At some point in the day we will also be connecting to the national virtual moment, which will be webcast across Canada and which will feature a keynote presentation from Dr. John Gaventa, Director of the Coady International Institute and Vice President of International Development at St. Francis Xavier University.
If you are not able to attend in person, there is also an option of joining part of the day’s activities online. Please register for the online event here. We hope you can be present, online or in person, for this exciting event!
Registration closing dates vary by region. Register now to guarantee your spot in this exciting event. For more questions about a specific regional event, please contact your Provincial or Regional Council for International Cooperation.
* Please note, the Toronto, Ottawa, Vancouver and Montreal events are now sold out. Please contact Jennifer Muldoon to get your name on the Toronto waiting list, Sarah Feldberg to get your name on the Ottawa waiting list, Lynn Slobogian to get your name on the Vancouver waitlist and Annick Des Granges to get your name on the Montreal waitlist. You can also sign-up to participate in part of the conference online.
This fall we will be launching the Global Hive initiative with a series of webinars and a conference to further explore how active global citizenship can be achieved through public engagment.
Inter-council Network (ICN) | Réseau de coordination des conseils (RCC)
The Inter-Council Network (ICN) is a dynamic coalition of seven provincial and regional member-based Councils for International Cooperation across Canada committed to social justice and social change. | Le Réseau de coordination des conseils (RCC) est une coalition dynamique composée des conseils provinciaux et régionaux de coopération internationale constitués de membres engagés dans la justice sociale et la citoyenneté mondiale active.