Global News Woman of Vision Celebration
Thursday, 14 April 2016 from 5:30 PM to 10:30 PM (MDT)
ONLINE TICKET SALES ARE NOW CLOSED.
Please contact Currie Communications, at 780.413.9570 or 780.906.0074, if you are still interested in purchasing a ticket for this year's event.
Global News Woman of Vision has moved to an evening format.
Join us for an outstanding & inspirational evening celebration on April 14, 2016 at the Shaw Conference Centre.
The Global News Woman of Vision event celebrates dynamic leaders and innovators in our community. The consistently sold out event is the culminating highlight of the television series that runs monthly on Global News. It's one of those special experiences to share with your colleagues, clients, friends and family.
Global News Woman of Vision Event Agenda & Highlights:
Pre-Event Reception in Hall D Foyer
(5:30 PM to 6:30 PM)
- An opportunity to network with an amazing crowd,
- Have your Woman of Vision Commemorative Photo taken with your friends with a luxury car compliments of Lexus of Edmonton,
- A jewelry display by Hillberg & Berk,
- An opportunity to enter for fabulous door prizes.
Main Event in Hall D
(6:30 PM to 9:00 PM)
- Complimentary red and white wine with dinner , courtesy of Dirty Laundry Vineyard,
- Featuring entertainment by Rising Young Stars,
- Fabulous door prizes including: $500 Hillberg & Berk jewelry package; $300 hand blown glass vase from Rowles & Company; $5,500 Fairmont MacDonald Hotel Package for one night's stay for two in the Queen Elizabeth Suite, brunch for two, and a massage for two,
- Attendee gifts for each guest which include a $20 giftcard from Sorrentino's Café and a $30 giftcard from Hillberg & Berk Jewellers, and a one-in-ten chance of winning a pair of Hillberg & Berk Sparkle Ball earrings and a table flower centerpiece from Holes Greenhouses,
- Inspirational stories from this year's Global News Woman of Vision Recipients.
Post-Event Reception in Hall D Foyer
(9:00 PM to 10:30 PM)
- Meet this year's Global Woman of Vision recipients,
- Enjoy a complimentary glass of wine courtesy of Dirty Laundry Vineyard,
- More commemorative photo opportunities with Lexus of Edmonton,
- Live music,
- Fabulous displays including a jewelry display by Hillberg & Berk with the opportunity to purchase items.
The 2015-2016 Recipients are (to date):
Nora Furber, owner, Monjeloco Jeans
Harriet Tinka, founder, Empowered Youth
Leanna Carriere, Pentathlete
Mary Bailey, Publisher, The Tomato Food & Drink Magazine
Linda Johnson, President, Black Swan Helicopters
Rachel Notley, Alberta Premier
Dolores Eaton, CEO, IVIS Inc.
Dr. Ibolja Cernak, U of A Military Chair
Lisa Standeven, World Para-Taekwondo Champion
Ashley Callingbull, Mrs. Universe 2015
Marnie Ashcroft, founder, Glow Juicery
Bishop Jane Alexander, Right Reverend Bishop Alexander
Kendra Kincade, Founder, Elevate Aviation
About Global News Woman of Vision television series:
The Global News Woman of Vision program celebrates the accomplishments of outstanding Edmonton area women. These are stories that inspire and are written and produced by Lesley MacDonald. This popular program includes 13 Woman of Vision stories each year. They are the first Monday of each month on Global Edmonton News Hour at 6 PM and the following day on Global's Morning News. Each recipient is also featured in Lesley's Avenue Edmonton Magazine blog "Heroes and Visionaries" as well as in a 9-page spread in Avenue's popular March issue. In addition, these stories are featured in a one hour Global Television special that airs every May.
The annual awards event pays tribute to the 13 recipients featured on Global Television during the last year. Bursaries and scholarships are also awarded to help young women realize their vision.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the dresscode?
Elegant business attire
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
There is parking available at:
Canada Place Parkade, located at 9700 Jasper Avenue - Cash Only
Weekdays: $2.50/half hour; maximum $20/day until 6 pm
Evenings: additional $5
Courtyard by Marriot, located at 99 Street and Jasper Avenue - Cash Only
Grierson Hill, located across from the Shaw Conference Centre on Grierson Hill - Cash Only
Daily: $10 (all day parking)
Where can I contact the organizer with questions?
Feel free to email us at email@example.com
Will I be able to get a refund
The cut off for refunds is February 29, 2016.
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
You may transfer your registration without charge. Please notify the event planners of any changes at firstname.lastname@example.org
Have any questions about the Global Woman of Vision Event? Contact Currie Communications by email or phone 780.413.9570.
If you are interested in sponsoring this outstanding event, please contact Producer Lesley MacDonald.
Have questions about Global Woman of Vision Celebration? Contact Patricia Eckley, Currie Communications Ltd.
Event Venue Map