TouchDesigner is the leading platform for interactive media and immersive design, and is used to create the world's largest installations.
The session explores GLSL shaders and their use in TouchDesigner. You'll gain an overview to the GLSL language, the ability to perform complex 2D composites, workflow for porting Shadertoy programs, and an understanding of using/transmitting textures as a data between different applications.
Elburz is the Immersive Technical Director of zero11zero, lead of nVoid division, and is one of the leading authorities on TouchDesigner.
He has worked on product launches, permanent installations, and worldwide tours with clients like google, Kanye West, Giorgio Armani, Burj Khalifa, Nike, US Open, TIFF, Bionic League, Seattle Art Museum, Cannes Lions, Axwell & Ingrosso, Verizon, and Derivative. Elburz has lead teams across the world from Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, Montreal, Shanghai, Tokyo, Dubai, and Europe.
- Introduction to the GLSL language and GLSL concepts
- Create 2D composite networks out of GLSL shaders
- Port Shadertoy programs into TouchDesigner
- Send and use textures for high bandwidth data
- Computer capable of running TouchDesigner (https://www.derivative.ca/088/Downloads/)
- Commercial or Pro License of TouchDesigner
- Strong knowledge of TouchDesigner
- Intermediate knowledge of Python
- Comfortable with general programming paradigms (loops, conditionals, types, etc)