This Gluu 4-Class Series — with brand new content — is designed for older adults who are ready to take their iPhone/iPad skills to the next level.
DATES: Mondays Jan 16, 30 & Feb 6, 20
TIME: 10:30AM - 12:00PM
Most people use less than 20% of the functionality of their technology.
Our Mini-Semesters are an efficient way to learn more about your iPad and/or iPhone and to reinforce skills, so it all becomes second nature. In this Series, we show you hidden features of the apps you use every day and demonstrate ways your devices can make life simpler and more connected. We incorporate questions from students into class content to ensure a personalized experience.
Topics included but not limited to:
- Learning the jargon of the modern world
- Understanding latest trends, apps and iOS changes
- Using and managing Apple Apps
- General Tips & Tricks - syncing, storage, security
- Photo & iCloud Management
- Using Siri and Dictation **older devices may not have Siri
- Email set-up, syncing, management
- Security, Keychain and protecting your passwords
- Location-based Reminders & Calendar Events
- Plus Bonus topics
This Series is four classes; each 90-minutes long — 70 minutes of hands-on practice and then a Q&A.
Why am I hearing so much about Gluu?
You are hearing about us because Gluu is spreading fast. Our classes make it stick. We integrate cognitive learning methods designed for the aging brain into our class materials. We perform hundreds of hours of testing on our course content and workflow. That means you walk away from each class feeling like you're part of the modern world. All that and we have some fun, too.
A few other reasons Gluu Classes are unique.
- Our classes are just the right length - not too long.
- Our classes are just the right size - seating is limited to 16 students.
- We have at least three Technology Coaches in every class, each there to help you.
- We create detailed and simple Class Notes for every class. So you can practice (and remember) from the comfort of home.
- Free email-based support is included, so any questions you have get answered right away. No need to wait until next class.
What does Gluu mean?
Gluu is technology education and support that sticks. It's an easy-to-remember name that starts a conversation about our mission: to help older adults learn to use today's technology. We make it stick.
Experience Level for this Series: Those will some experience. Perhaps consider our Essential Everyday Skills Class if you are just starting out. If you are ready to learn more, this is a great class for you. Get in touch if you are not sure.
Space is limited to 16 students. We keep the group small, to ensure you get personalized attention.
What is included?
- Four 90-Minute Classes with at least three Technology Coaches to help you
- Class Notes so you can practice from home
- Free email-based support during the series, so you get answers quickly
What should I bring to class?
Bring your iPad or iPhone (any model) plus your Apple ID and password. If you need help finding yours, please let us know. You are welcome to bring notepaper, but we will be giving you complete Class Notes that cover the main concepts of each class.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Email us with any questions (firstname.lastname@example.org). Or call toll free 1 855 458 8622.
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
Absolutely. Tickets to Gluu Classes also make great gifts. Get in touch if you would like more information.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
The Silk Purse has 3-hour street parking out front. It is located very close to John Lawson Park parking lot (17th & Bellevue) and is two blocks from the Marine Drive & 17th blue bus stop.