Gottman Seven Principles (for Making Marriage Work) Program: Leader Training
Instructor: Laura Heck, LMFT
Date: November 14, 2016
Time: 9am - 6:00pm
Location: BINGEMANS CONFERENCE CENTRE, 425 Bingemans Centre Drive, Kitchener, ON
Early-Bird Cost: $349 +HST (by Oct 13, 2016)
Regular Cost: $369 +HST (after Oct 13, 2016)
Registration Deadline: October 31, 2016
- Lunch, morning and afternoon refreshments
- The Gottman Seven Principles Program for Leaders Box Set ($225 USD value)- see description on website for more information
- “Gottman Seven Principles Program Leader” Certificate & Badge*
- A $250 USD Discount on a Gottman Couples workshop (The Art & Science of Love) in Seattle, presented by Drs. John and Julie Gottman
*Group Rates available for groups of 5+ people registering together OR for individuals registering for more than one workshop. See www.missionempowerment.ca/discounts for more information*
For more information on this workshop visit www.missionempowerment.ca
This experiential training day led by Laura Heck (Gottman Institute Director of Professional Development and author of the Seven Principles Companion Workbook) provides the tools and know-how to facilitate educational groups and/or classes for couples, based on Dr. John Gottman’s groundbreaking book The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work. Whether at your agency, church, community center, place of business, or home, the material you learn in this training can be taught by anyone interested in making a difference in couples' lives.
The training provides extensive instruction on how to lead couples through The Seven Principles, with a combination of lecture, multi-media presentations, interactive exercises, role-plays and discussion. Participants will be taught how to use Seven Principles Program materials, to teach lecture content by integrating research from The Seven Principles, and to lead couples through relationship enhancing exercises. Trainees will be able to facilitate a Seven Principles Program for couples immediately following the training.
Who Should Attend?
Social workers, clergy, educators, life coaches, community leaders, nurses, counsellors, and anyone interested in making a difference in couples’ lives.
As a result of this training, you will:
- Know how to plan, budget, market and organize your own Seven Principles class or group
- Gain practical strategies for presenting the Seven Principles Program in your community
- Participate in experiential role play and practice Seven Principles Program exercises
- Learn how to present the lectures and content to your participants
- Know how to support and encourage the class
- Develop skills to handle difficult situations and make referrals
- Understand how to use box set materials to enrich the workshop experience
- Be able to market yourself as a “Gottman Seven Principles Program Educator”
Laura Heck, LMFT, is a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist with a private practice in Salt Lake City Utah, where she facilitates couples workshops using the Bringing Baby Home Program and the Gottman Seven Principles Program. She received her M.A. in Clinical Psychology from Antioch University Seattle and has completed advanced clinical training in Gottman Method Couples Therapy. She is a master trainer and co-developer of the Gottman Seven Principles Program, and the author of the Companion Workbook for this program. Laura recently served in a leadership role at The Gottman Institute (TGI) as the Director of Professional Development.
An administrative fee of $50 will be charged for all cancellations. Cancellation 14 or more days prior to the workshop date – receive a refund, less $50 administration fee. Cancellation less than 14 days prior to the workshop date – receive a credit, less $50 administration fee, to be applied to a future workshop. No credit or refund will be issued if you do not notify us in advance of the workshop date. You may transfer your registration to another person without prior notice. The organizers reserve the right to cancel the event due to under-enrollment, instructor illness or inclement weather. If a workshop is cancelled, any payment will be returned in full.
Save This Event
When & Where
Mission Empowerment provides professional development and personal development workshops and events that educate, transform, inspire and empower.
Our mission is two-fold:
- To empower individuals to reach their fullest potential and achieve their dreams in all life areas
- To assist helping professionals to become more effective at empowering their clients to make positive changes in their lives
Professional development workshops are offered in one or two day formats and are held in convenient locations in southwestern Ontario (typically Kitchener or Stratford, ON). Some workshops are also available for on-site training.
Personal development workshops and events range from two-hour classes to full weekend retreats. Most events are held in Kitchener, ON.