Growing Healthy Communities Forum
Thursday, 28 February 2013 from 5:00 PM to 8:30 PM (EST)
The second annual Growing Healthy Communities Forum is here! The purpose of this forum is to celebrate initiatives that increase access to healthy, nutritious, sustainable food for children and youth in Ottawa. This year, the forum will focus on healthy, local, sustainable food in schools and innovative responses to the new Ontario School Food and Beverage Policy.
The event will feature three speakers and several break-out discussions. The topics for discussion will include:
- Making the most of your school Garden: Garden‐Based Student Learning Opportunities Across the Curriculum
- Healthy, Local, Organic: Your School's Student Breakfast and Snack Program
- Inspiring Healthy Eating: Best uses for your garden produce
- School Composting: Challenges and Solutions
- Farm-to-School: Connecting with Local Organic Farms
Do you have an idea for a discussion topic? Please feel free to email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org with your suggestions!
Thanks for registering for the event. We are looking forward to a fruitful evening!