Actions and Detail Panel
HF101: Human Factors for Safer Healthcare
Thu, 27 October 2016, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM EDT
In celebration of Canadian Patient Safety Week, join us for a full-day interactive workshop to learn how Human Factors can make our healthcare system safer.
This course is perfect for front line clinicians, clinical managers, healthcare administrators, patient safety and risk management professionals.
• The psychological and physiological basis for human error
• Why human factors is critical for patient safety
• Teamwork and communication
• Incident investigation techniques and risk mitigation
• Usability heuristics and design principles
• Transforming research findings into design insights and direction
At the end of this course, you will have the tools necessary to critically assess your environments, processes and tools through a human factors lens in order to make changes that improve safety, quality, and user experience.
View the course brouchure.