Henry G. Izatt Middle School (HGI)
2016 – 2017
Open House PD Initiative
Purpose: To have the opportunity for School or Divisional Teams to plan visits to HGI, to engage with our teachers and students highlighting innovations/initiatives in a planned way (as opposed to “impromptu visits”). When individuals or teams from other Schools/Divisions would like to visit HGI as part of their PD plan or to create educational network connections, the participants can choose from the following dates:
November 4, 2016 (day 6) 8:45 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
January 16, 2017 (day 3) 8:45 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
March 14, 2017 (day 4) 8:45 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Participants are asked to register their attendance via the associated Eventbrite link for the chosen date. It is understood participants many not be able to stay the entire school day; part day visits are also invited. HGI has initiatives in the following areas:
- BYOD; Student Technology Leaders
- Active Start and Morning Meetings (school wide positive behaviour and relationships and healthy lifestyle options)
- Learning Commons
- Video Production
- Genius Hour and Maker Spaces
- Flex Time and Inquiry
- Cycle Shop
- Mathematics Delivery for Retention and Co-teaching Initiatives
- QR codes and other initiative embedded in Physical Education Program
- Global Citizenship Initiatives
- Foundational Digital Citizenship
- Embedded Creative/Performing Arts with a Grade 6 Introductory Band Program
- Focus on reducing paper use by embedding online submission of assignments
Participants are asked to indicate which initiative(s) they would like to focus on during their visit. There is no charge for these visits. We welcome the opportunity to network and learn from other individuals engaged in educational innovation and/or initiatives with positive results for our students.
HGI Student Technology Leaders and Teachers are available to share insights at staff meetings or PD days. The cost for booking the team equals the cost of transportation to your facility and a meal for the presenters. To book members of this team, please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
When & Where
HENRY G. IZATT MIDDLE SCHOOL LEADERSHIP TEAM
“In a rapidly changing world, we are a community of learners dedicated to maximizing growth as we develop through diverse and sustainable opportunities.
H – Humanity G – Growth I – Innovation S – Sustainability